CCIE R&S LabKit

MitheorMitheor Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there guys, newby around here icon_cheers.gif

I´ve been working with Cisco devices for a few years and have accomplished CCNA/CCNP/CCIE (written) certs.

Now i´m aiming for the lab and i´m looking for a lab kit to install in the laboratory of my work.

Any idea of where can i get one for a reasonable price? I´ve founded one that is maybe nice but i don´t know if i can post the link here (spam rules or something).

Any help would be great icon_study.gif

Comments

• marhomarho Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, on ebay are some labs too. Only search "CCIE lab".
  • MitheorMitheor Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, i´ve seen those, but i dont know the guys behind so i´m not sure about it.

I´ve seen this one that sounds nice enough:

The CCNP / CCIE - CISCO CCNP LAB - INCLUDES CCENT & CCNA TRAINING

What do you think about it?
  • marhomarho Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not CCIE student only CCNP, but I think it is good. Of course more devices = more fun = better, but as minimum it's really good. Maybe one disadvantage, only 4xWAN interface cards and 2x serial cables. As shown in image, every router have only one Ethernet interface, therefore I think it will be better if every router will have 2xWAN interface and at least 1x Ethernet interface. Try to contact with seller, if it is possible add it to the lab.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Mitheor wrote: »
    Yes, i´ve seen those, but i dont know the guys behind so i´m not sure about it.

I´ve seen this one that sounds nice enough:

The CCNP / CCIE - CISCO CCNP LAB - INCLUDES CCENT & CCNA TRAINING

What do you think about it?

If your just looking at that for the hardware it's a bit pricey I'd buy the hardware individually. 2600, and 2950 can be found for cheap. 3550 you can get a little over a 130 bucks from certification kits.

Not too much detail on the training material maybe the seller could provide more information about that to if it's worth the cost. Plus you'll need more then that to get the CCIE alot more.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Don't buy that, its got the CBT ccna videos included and that hardware is overpriced.
    Is it worth getting 2950's for ccie ? Surely at the least you need 3550's?

Lab Equipment and IOS Version - CCIE ROUTING AND SWITCHING TRACK - Cisco Systems

For CCIE R&S aren't you going to need at least 5-6 routers and 5-6 switches ?

What is the suggested setup and topologies in the CCIE lab books ?
    and in the CCIE rack rentals ?

Get Turgon ,and the others doing CCIE to give you suggestions on whats best hardware wise
    and if you should buy or rent rack time.

Just don't buy that lab kit.

Plus most premade lab kits are older equipment for premium prices.

If work is paying for it, couldn't you just lease the equipment and get new or at least the hardware cisco suggests you use ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Never buy CCIE kits or any kits at all for that matter. They are always overprized and often with legacy equipment. Decide what vendor you want to use for the workbooks, INE, IPExpert or Narbik or Cisco360 or whatever and then build your topology according to that. INE topology has 6 routers, 4 switches and 3 backbone routers. Have a look at this URL for a general idea How To Build A CCIE Rack | INE

2950 is meaningless for CCIE. The lab only uses 3560 now. You can do most of the stuff on 3550 though and go for rack rentals for the stuff you can't do like private VLANs, QoS is a bitt different, IPv6 isn't supported etc. There are also guys running Dynamips topologies with real switches so that is an alternativ as well which is a bit cheaper.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
    Thanks a lot for your help.

I´m looking into the ultimate pack (INE) and it looks great. Quite expensive but if that helps me to pass CCIE that´s ok for me.

CCIE Routing & Switching Lab Preparation

Should it be enough? I have a great experience in routing, switching, MPLS, QoS ... i have to improve my knowledge of Multicast and Frame-Relay most of all.
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Yes, that's more than enough. The essential stuff are the workbooks and the ATC. Always good to do a few mock labs at the end of preparation. 400 tokens will get you about 16 sessions. Probably enough to do the switching and some QoS labs. You could always refill if you need more. I have used a lot more than that but I've done Vol2 labs etc on rentals as well. More expensive but it's not out of my pocket.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Yes, that's more than enough. The essential stuff are the workbooks and the ATC. Always good to do a few mock labs at the end of preparation. 400 tokens will get you about 16 sessions. Probably enough to do the switching and some QoS labs. You could always refill if you need more. I have used a lot more than that but I've done Vol2 labs etc on rentals as well. More expensive but it's not out of my pocket.

Thanks! I´ll buy it then.

Wish me luck icon_thumright.gif