Options

XenDesktop / Hyper-V TechNet virtual lab

MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
TechNet Virtual Lab: Implementing Citrix XenDesktop 4 on Hyper-V R2

I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, but it sounds useful if you're learning XenDesktop.
MentholMoose
MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV

Comments

• Options
    dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TechNet Virtual Lab: Implementing Citrix XenDesktop 4 on Hyper-V R2

I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, but it sounds useful if you're learning XenDesktop.

It's nice. Spun towards Microsoft's flavor of hypervisor but helpful nevertheless. Nice that Xendesktop supports vmware, microsoft, and of course citrix Hypervisors
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
  • Options
    Oh cool, it's back! It was removed from the site a while ago and I thought it was gone for good.
    MentholMoose
  • Options
    This virtual lab is still available. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to complete the lab since the provided Hyper-V server cannot boot any VMs. However, you can still work with and configure all the XenDesktop-related components (DDC, PVS, WI, Licensing), run XDSW to create VMs, and so on.

I used this virtual lab to prepare for the 1Y0-A17 exam (XenDesktop 4) which I took and passed today. icon_cool.gif
    MentholMoose
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Oh cool, this will come in handy. I need to get back to working on XenDesktop but have been sidetracked by the VCP. Congrats on your pass!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    Thanks. This virtual lab is for actually XenDesktop 4 so it may or may not be useful. If you're new to XenDesktop or doing a new deployment you'd probably use the latest and greatest version. Also I believe the A17 exam expires tomorrow... yeah, I kind of procrastinated. icon_wink.gif
    MentholMoose