OS exam is killing me here..

michellevumichellevu Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Didn't pass the test last weekend icon_sad.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I used the Total Seminars Practice already but didn't help much.

[Edit: trading and/or requesting copyright protected property is not allowed on these forums.]

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i didn't like the practise exams i got with my copy of network+ passport, which is by the same publisher.

have you checked out our links in the comptia link to the left of this page. they are the online practise tests that we approve of. if you study hard and get some experience in a few of the operating systems, the free tests on the internet should be enough to give you an idea of how well you are doing and what to expect in the exam.

if you want to buy software, i suggest the transcender link on the left.
    A+ Moderator
  • fugi1fugi1 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i'm practicing with the totalsem tests! so you failed, why? weren't the exam questions simular?
  • PaisleyskyePaisleyskye Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The total sem tests are nothing like the real exam. I shouldn't even say this, but if you use them, don't pay for the unlocked set. It's simply not worth it, and I have a feeling the questions on this site are better than what's on the total sem CD's.

But you didn't hear that from me... icon_redface.gif
    Peace Out!
    Paisleyskye

Icertify.net
  • ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    use the techexams.net practice exams.

this also might help
    http://techexams.net/co_aplusos.shtml

if you want a practice exam get transender or self test software, they are the best
  • fugi1fugi1 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i'm getting the transcender today, and there's me thinking that i'm well prepared after practicing with the totalsem cd, thank god for this forum!
  • ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    there is also a new site called www.****.com

also read this

http://www.studynotes.net/aindex.htm
  • trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can't go wrong with transcender. I used it for both Hardware and OS sections. Go through the OS objectives literally line by line and make sure you know what each section means.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    something i always like to suggest with comptia exams is to download the objectives for the exam and print them off periodically and mark the topics you know and don't know.

concentrate study and labs on the stuff you don't know until you think you know them. print the objectives and remark the ones you know and don't know. the ones you knew on the previous print out may not become don't know topics, so study them.

eventually, you should end up with a print out of the objectives with topics that you know well and reasonably well. this is the point where you think about booking your exam ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with bellboy,

What part of OS do you having problem?

What is the question that you don't understand?

Is it the material or just the scenarios?

U got to remember something?
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the TestTakers guide for A+ - it's very good because it only covers the objectives, it's half the size of a lot of the other books out there. Practice exams I have used are Discount Exams (good) this site (very good) prep logic (good) and cram master (too much wrong info). I also have tried the exams in the Mike Myers passport books (too easy) and Simulation Exam for I-net (but I haven't taken I-net yet so no comment). If you get a load of them from all the free sites and books and everything else you can get - use them all, they will all teach you something. As well as learning stuff from the exams you will get used to the format of sitting in front of the box clicking the buttons, so the real exam is less likely to phase you. Good luck next time.
  • RZetlinRZetlin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 155
    fugi1 wrote:
    i'm practicing with the totalsem tests! so you failed, why? weren't the exam questions simular?

I have used the Total Seminar test and I find that the questions are too easy compared to other pratice tests.
  • tamaractamarac Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Mike Myers All in One A+ book and A+ for Dummies and passed both the hardware and OS after studying these. Should not cost you more than 100 bucks for both.
  • blaze78322blaze78322 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex A+ text and study notes/practice tests on here as well as a few other websites.

More than one study source is definetly needed for this exam because its such a broad area of topics.