Crazy CCIE bootcamp

NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
Are we doing it wrong by studying and working?
A friend sent this to me. It looks hardcore! I wish I can quit my job and just study for the test like these guys.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108714695530128554576/albums/5685604093891227137

Comments

• reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Cool. I would love to go away for a month or two and do some hardcore studying but not a possability with job and family.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Are we doing it wrong by studying and working?
    A friend sent this to me. It looks hardcore! I wish I can quit my job and just study for the test like these guys.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108714695530128554576/albums/5685604093891227137

Bootcamps can be useful providing you know your stuff going in. They are of value to people who need dedicated time for a week or two to do nothing but racktime.
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    looks like a dynamips bootcamp too ;)

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That would be nice to have that much time to focus on nothing else.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    damn ... i need to lock in like this. i was thinking about taking a month off without pay when i'm ready to prepare for the lab.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    if i was at the point i thought i was ready, i have three months long service leave ready and waiting :)

At the same time why would you want to pay to go and sit on the floor ?

I have more comfort at home, different if there was equipment there to use.

The only reason i would go to a camp like that is if there were others i could communicate with, my biggest issue is finding people i can talk with.

As i am not in the industry, most people i meet have a CCNA at most, the few ccnp's i have encounters (lets just say they made a fast exit when i started to ask questions)

My dream would be to meet someone who lives not to far away and is into networks (addicted)
    Also to meet up chat, labs and so on.
  • jameshardy2012jameshardy2012 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I gotta agree with you Sirsamon, I wouldnt fancy paying to sit on the floor and sleep 18 to a room either, I didnt see many images of any tutors - just a bunch of guys sitting self-study. Just a pity you werent still in Scotland -we could've bounced off each other. unfortuantely we are are about as far apart in the world as could be.....icon_lol.gif

I think bootcamps have a place - especially in the CCIE - I've read about *************, I will probably end up doing one of those later this year ( time and money dependent).
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think bootcamps have a place - especially in the CCIE - I've read about *************, I will probably end up doing one of those later this year ( time and money dependent).

The name of that bootcamp company got removed I presume for a reason. Might be wise to avoid them.
  • lenell86lenell86 Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
    just spoke to an old coworker of mine and he had mentioned he went to one of those bootcamps in India. He highly recommended it, wouldn't have gotten to where he is now without doing it. He is now some network engineer at a small shop but makes good money.

I would love to do it to but family/work is preventing me to do it. His situation was much more forgiving though, he was single at the time and paid it up front in savings so he had it made for him and picked the right time to do it. I wish I would have done what he did instead of doing it now that I have a family. Oh well, live and learn..
    Certifications complete: A+, Net+, Security+, MCTS 70-401, MCSA
    Currently working towards: MCSE (70-293)
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I'm not sure I would be comfortable with that dude to bed ratio's I see in those pictures! icon_lol.gif
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LOl, true... looks like a sausage party :D

Kind Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...