Just Passed the OS

OkasonOkason Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
just passed my OS exams with a modest mark of 619, I wsih I had made more than that,but thank God its over,I have never been this nervous about any exam. for anyone taking the exam I suggets studying not just for the exam but try to have a good grasp of how the many OSs works as the exam is more of a subtle quiz of the differences between the different OSs.

I want to thank everybody here for the optimism that is evident in every posts here.This site has been a big resource to me.Lets keep it up!

Now am moving to N+, I have a sybex study guide by David Broth and a video series from career academy,does anyone have another suggetsion of any study guides/CBT...

To full prepare for the N+ I want to have most OS installed,I have an XP Home and I can see that these test are based on XP pro,I want to add a hardrive and install 98,NT,2000 and XP Pro if possible mess with Linux, is it possible to do this in the same system or do I need to build another system.

Does anyone know where to get these OS for a good deal..am thinking of Ebay..any ideas
All things work together for good........to them that believe..

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

You don't need 9x (unless you really want to practice winipcfg ;)) or 2000 for the Network+ exam, XP pro alone will do. Linux is useful, and if you want a complete set get (access to) a Mac as well.
    is it possible to do this in the same system or do I need to build another system.
    You can dual-boot Linux and XP on a single system (install XP first) or you can use VMWare or Microsoft Virtual PC to create a virtual machine for each OS. That's A+ OS stuff btw. ;)
  • ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's wonderful! :)

Time to celebrate! icon_bounce.gif
  • raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Good luck on your Net+.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
    Congrats on the pass!