A+ Pass Rate...

d3vild3vil Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could actually explain the pass rate for A+ Core exam (planning on taking next week, if the college gets the systems updated icon_rolleyes.gif)

I know the pass rate is 515 in a scale of 100-900, but what exactly does this mean?

Comments

• int80hint80h Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    d3vil wrote:
    a scale of 100-900

The scale starts at 100? Do A+ candidates get points just for spelling their own name correctly on the test?
  • d3vild3vil Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    int80h wrote:

The scale starts at 100? Do A+ candidates get points just for spelling their own name correctly on the test?
    Exam code: 220-301
    Format: Linear Multiple Choice
    Number of questions: 80
    Passing Score: 515 (scale 100 - 900)

Nope, its just on that scale...
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Only CompTIA knows how they score their exam.

Passing is 515/505 on the two exams. These are the lowest required pass scores in the CompTIA section that I am aware of.

My suggestion, just get as many correct as you possibly can. Yes, kind of lame advice, but there is no way to say you need to get 'x' of 80 correct to pass.

Questions are valued at different amount, some are not graded at all - only CompTIA knows.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?