Options

Nortel material

jackblacketjackblacket Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Any of you kind folks have any good resources on studying for Nortel voip equipment? It looks like I'll be inheriting our voip setup in the very near future and my knowledge is severely lacking. I've been struggling to find much literature on how everything interacts. Anything relating to CS1000, Contact Centre, Call Pilot, Telephony Manager or similar would be ideal. Experience is key with this but being reluctant to toy with anything in production, gaining that experience is looking difficult.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any of you kind folks have any good resources on studying for Nortel voip equipment? It looks like I'll be inheriting our voip setup in the very near future and my knowledge is severely lacking. I've been struggling to find much literature on how everything interacts. Anything relating to CS1000, Contact Centre, Call Pilot, Telephony Manager or similar would be ideal. Experience is key with this but being reluctant to toy with anything in production, gaining that experience is looking difficult.

Cheers

+1, I too would be interested in this, my job deals with nothing but non Cisco vendors, all our phone system customer have CS1ks, I have found it very hard to come by for learning materials for extreme and nortel/avaya products
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You guys know that Nortel is now Avaya?

Even if the product has a Nortel badge, it's an Avaya product (at least for the enterprise telephony and LAN kit).

Nortel filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and subsequently sold their enterprise division to Avaya.

If you go to the following link, you will find all sorts of design and implementation guides. All of the Nortel products have the same names except its Avaya now instead of Nortel.

Avaya Support

So you will still find the cs1000 documentation on the Avaya website.

I have previously worked with Nortel / Avaya and recently came back to it after 2 years pure Cisco! Use the Avaya website which is pretty good, all of the docs are free.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Great site with a lot of professional telecom folks. Tek-Tips Forums

I inherited an old pbx at my last job. Wouldn't have survived without a lot of reading/posting there.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tek-tips is good...I found a couple of DB solutions early on at tek.

This then led me to wonder if ittoolbox.com had a Nortel group and I saw that it does:

Nortel - Toolbox for IT Groups

(There were more...but this was the first link I clicked on.)
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not all of Nortel went to Avaya. Their Telecommunications division, which is by far their biggest division, went to Ericsson.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not all of Nortel went to Avaya. Their Telecommunications division, which is by far their biggest division, went to Ericsson.

Yep, hence why I said their enterprise division which includes the cs1k the OP was asking about.
  • Options
    computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Great site with a lot of professional telecom folks. Tek-Tips Forums

I inherited an old pbx at my last job. Wouldn't have survived without a lot of reading/posting there.

I just checked out tek-tips, thanks for turning me onto that site steve.
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)