taking the CEH exam 312-50v7

Sofia1208Sofia1208 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I plan on taking the exam, I have already took the course thru new horizons which I dont think really helped. but I have been reading the exam cram books and taking some practice exams. I have been passing all the practice exams I got a hold of. when I should I take the CEH exam?
I also have been passing the ***********.com practice test they say there just like the real exam
any help would be great
by the way already have my A+, network+, security+

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Sofia1208 wrote: »
    I also have been passing the ***********.com practice test they say there just like the real exam
    any help would be great
    Any exam preparation materials that advertise "just like the real exam" are intended to help people **** their way to passing the real exam. Who is really getting cheated is the people buying these practice exams, because the material is usually very old, contains questions from other exams, and certainly are not like the "real exam." You can tell that you have one of these cheats by the name appearing as "***********.com" here at TE.

Did NH cover all of the modules for CEHv7, or just some of them? Did they give you the actual courseware from EC-Council?
  • drumrolfedrumrolfe Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I plan on taking the exam, I have already took the course thru new horizons which I dont think really helped. but I have been reading the exam cram books and taking some practice exams. I have been passing all the practice exams I got a hold of. when I should I take the CEH exam?
    any help would be great
    by the way already have my A+, network+, security+

I highly recommend Matt Walker's All-in-one study guide for the CEH. Practice tests are fine, but don't rely on them.Stay away from braindumps. You need to know the material. Good Luck!
  • Sofia1208Sofia1208 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the information, and yes new Horizons did cover the 312-50v7. it was the actual ec-council courseware. and the advice I got from the instructor was practice the labs. but I know there is more to it than just labs thats why I have been taking the practice tests.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    and the advice I got from the instructor was practice the labs.
    That's goo advice. If you read the posts here from people who have taken the CEH exam, you will see that knowledge of how to use a wide variety of "hacking tools" is necessary to pass the exam.