I'm a CCNA!!

techie2012techie2012 Member Posts: 150
I passed with an 828 and passing score is 825. Not to happy with the score but I am very happy that I passed!!icon_cheers.gif

What does it mean on the preliminary score report that Cisco can make you retake the exam for inconsistencies though?? That has me worried. I almost did not pass by the score I had. Will they try and take the pass away?? If so, I would be devastated. icon_cry.gif
(CCNP: Switch) Passed!
(CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
(CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
(Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • brianeaglesfanbrianeaglesfan Member Posts: 130
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    I agree dude, congrats! Hoping to be there by the end of the year myself. What were your study methods?
    Complete: MSMIS, MBA, EPIC certified
    In progress: CPHIMS, CAPM
  • Steveg31Steveg31 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Actually the fact the you passed by a hair will insure that Cisco will approve of your score. They usually look for cheaters. i.e.. People will unusually high or perfect scores. Finishing the test in a short amount of time and/or spending a very short amount of time on Sims.
    You will be fine, don't worry about it.
    Welcome to the CCNA club!! icon_thumright.gif
  • cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Did you take the composite, or did you take icnd2?
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • techie2012techie2012 Member Posts: 150
    I agree dude, congrats! Hoping to be there by the end of the year myself. What were your study methods?

Thanks, I used Todd Lammle's 7th edition CCNA study guide, Boson exam sim max and packet tracer for labs.
    Thanks, I took the composite. I hate having my heart fall out of my chest at the testing center, so I chose the one test route.
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!

A pass is a pass! Break out the beverages!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • smcyclistsmcyclist Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That was no easy feat. Congratz!
  • cisco_kiddcisco_kidd Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Was the ex-sim max helpful?
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your new cert!! What's next?
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
    cisco_kidd wrote: »
    Was the ex-sim max helpful?

I think that it helped a lot because the ex-sim had the same testing format as the real exam. I also personally feel that the ex-sim asked more challenging questions than the actual exam. It definitely helped fill in hole and let me know where I needed to focus on studying. I would recommend it. :)
    MrBrian wrote: »
    Congrats on your new cert!! What's next?

I am not sure actually now that I think about it. I am starting at WGU in November. I am doing the IT Sec path and I know that I will have to either get a CCDA or a CCNA:Sec for a security requirement. My final goal is to become a network architect so CCDA would seem logical but I would think that CCNA:sec would be very important too. Right now I am leaning towards CCNA:sec. People say that the CCDA is boring haha.
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and best of luck with future studies
  • CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    techie2012 wrote: »
    Thanks, I used Todd Lammle's 7th edition CCNA study guide, Boson exam sim max and packet tracer for labs.

Congrats on the pass mate! ;)

That is exactly the same study methods I'm using for the ICND2 ...I'm also watching CBTNuggets :P.
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass!
  • soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • S3CUR3N3TW0RKS3CUR3N3TW0RK Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First off congrats on the pass! Based on your ultimate goal of becoming a network architect, I would recommend the CCNP prior to another CCNA/CCDA level cert. The CCNP will allow you to get more design/architect type positions - granted without the experience you won't actually be the architect, but you'll still be in positions where you'd be working closely with architects and Sr. engineers in aspects of design, engineering, and implementation - all of that in largely infrastructure environments. This will go a long way in helping you finally achieve architect status one-day yourself.

So to make a long story short, (1) go for the CCNP, (2) get some experience, (3) and then tackle the CCDA/CCDP and (4) eventually the CCIE/CCDE. But keep in mind that the experience is whats going to eventually make you an architect - not the certification - so the CCNP will be the best route to any worth-while meaningful experience.

P.S. The CCDA/CCDP is boring when your at a CCNA level of knowledge since you can't really appreciate its significance just yet. When you revist these exams after you've gone through the CCNP and obtained several years of experience actually designing or working on a team involved in WAN/LAN network design you'll actually start to recognize it's practicality and won't find them as boring anymore. Another reason why you should hold off on that route a bit.
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Not happy with the score? I'm sure if you ask folks who've failed, they'd tell you to be happy with that score. LOL Anyhow, I would also say pursuing the CCNP based on your career goals, though CCNA:Security is also a viable option. I went back and forth with both before I decided to go after the CCNP mainly because at this point in my career (mid level) the CCNP would have more of an effect on my resume than the CCNA:Security would. All the Sec test would do is renew my CCNA. How would the certs in play affect your career?
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass, and hopefully they don't make you retake it!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • seansdseansd Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    I scored the same, and spent a few days wishing had failed.
    But, as others have said, 'pass is a pass'. You know what to expect on the exams in the future now, so just work harder to do better in the future.
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Not happy with the score? I'm sure if you ask folks who've failed, they'd tell you to be happy with that score. LOL Anyhow, I would also say pursuing the CCNP based on your career goals, though CCNA:Security is also a viable option. I went back and forth with both before I decided to go after the CCNP mainly because at this point in my career (mid level) the CCNP would have more of an effect on my resume than the CCNA:Security would. All the Sec test would do is renew my CCNA. How would the certs in play affect your career?

Well, i would just go straight for the CCNP but I am attending WGU and need to either do CCNA:Sec or CCDA for a requirement. I have been told on the forums to come back and get my CCDA after I get my CCNP. I will most likely do CCNA:Sec for WGU since the company I work for has a network security department. I believe I would be more of an asset to the company if they can move me around departments if needed.
  • descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not to hijack thread or anything, but I'm trying to figure out which route I should start studying for next. I recently got my CCNA but am also looking for a different job as my current one isn't doing me any good in the networking and/or help desk experience department. Plus I was downsized to part-time so that doesn't help any either. I know experience is going to be the key factor with whatever new job I eventually get, but which cert route do you think I should go? CCNA:S, CCNA:Voice, CCNP or try to build my resume up with some other alternate cert? Thanks in advance.
  • altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    I passed with an 828 and passing score is 825. Not to happy with the score but I am very happy that I passed!!icon_cheers.gif

What does it mean on the preliminary score report that Cisco can make you retake the exam for inconsistencies though?? That has me worried. I almost did not pass by the score I had. Will they try and take the pass away?? If so, I would be devastated. icon_cry.gif

Haha, I just took and passed my ICND1, and that part has me a bit curious too.
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    That's a good question. I guess it really depends on the job market near you. I know for a fact that there are plenty of companies around my area that are switching to VoIP and currently Net Engineers with VoIP expertise are in relatively high demand. I am personally thinking about doing VoIP and Sec since it will allow me to be moved around different projects at my company. Also, I have to get my Sec+ and CCNA:Sec for WGU, so might as well. I may hold of on starting my CCNP until spring so that I can focus on work and school.
  • solnsusiesolnsusie Member Posts: 128
    I passed with an 828 and passing score is 825. Not to happy with the score but I am very happy that I passed!!icon_cheers.gifWhat does it mean on the preliminary score report that Cisco can make you retake the exam for inconsistencies though?? That has me worried. I almost did not pass by the score I had. Will they try and take the pass away?? If so, I would be devastated. icon_cry.gif
    hi!i just passed the CCNA, and scored only 828, so i have the same question as you had, wht does preliminaty mean? and what happen in the end, did cisco certifeid you? what should i expect from them? i finished with 3 minutes left,thanks
  • thedude666thedude666 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□

First of all, congratulations!

You use the exact same stuff I am using right now to prepare for my exam. So I feel somewhat more confident that I take a good route to pass :)
  • thedude666thedude666 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not to hijack thread or anything, but I'm trying to figure out which route I should start studying for next. I recently got my CCNA but am also looking for a different job as my current one isn't doing me any good in the networking and/or help desk experience department. Plus I was downsized to part-time so that doesn't help any either. I know experience is going to be the key factor with whatever new job I eventually get, but which cert route do you think I should go? CCNA:S, CCNA:Voice, CCNP or try to build my resume up with some other alternate cert? Thanks in advance.

If you really want to get into networking I think CCNP is the way to go.