Juniper JNCIE-SEC

zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
I usually don't like to post things like this... but I'm too crazy happy and excited right now. It's been a tremendously long month of worrying and fretting and waiting for the results... but I woke up to the happy email saying I can add the JNCIE-SEC to my collection.

And as an added bonus, for the third time, I think I may have beat Aldur to the JNCIE ;) (Though mad props to him for actually doing the SP lab exam after already having the JNCIE-M)

Time to sit back, relax, enj.... oh wait, all my Cisco stuff expires in a few months. Grumble. Back to the books :)

Comments

• hasan1507hasan1507 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow many many Congrats man thats an awesome news... :) wish you all the best for future .....
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • Joe SoricelliJoe Soricelli Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! What materials did you use to study for the exam?
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Joe Soricelli! Your Sybex books started me down this long and fun path, and I even slid them back into the bookcase when I unpacked into my new place a couple nights ago. Those books helped me when I first logged into these mysterious new routers that kept giving me invalid command when I would try "show ip route" :) and they got me loving Junos. Learned a lot from them. Thanks!
    For my JNCIE-SEC prep... the classes from Juniper, the Junos Security book, and researching every weird SRX question my customer could come up with the last couple years. I've been working on SRX deployments and upgrades and testing for the last couple years, so that gave me a solid base, and I just needed to work on the features I don't get to use.

Shortly before the lab, I took AJSEC to brush up on all the IPSec varieties and configurations and JIPS to figure out IPS again. For UTM I used the Junos Security book and JUTM student guide. I read through all of the Junos Security book and some sections in the configuration guides for spots I'm weak on, and I setup a number of SRXs in the office to try to configure every feature I could think of.

It was fun :)
  • hasan1507hasan1507 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats really the great way :) Congrats once again thnx for sharing

do let me know what JNCIE-SEC No u got?

Thanks.
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Man, big congrats, and I'm indeed jealous that you beat me to it... again! But it's on my list this year to complete so hopefully I won't be too far behind you. :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    Thanks man. I was sure you were going to be beat me to it this time ;) but I know you're right behind me and shouldn't have too much trouble with it. Fun (and long) lab.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Yea, I'll be knocking out the exam this year for sure. Just got to find some time to study for it. Also, developing the Security Bootcamp this year should help me prepare too. :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • skydreamerskydreamer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Zoidberg. That's really great news and happy to know that people are passing even :)

I'm hitting the same track and trying my best have it done in couple of months.
  • tianailileetianaililee Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Zoidberg.Do you have MSN? I have some questions to you! thank you very much!