Taking the network + next week

chappys4lifechappys4life Member Posts: 114
I have been on and off studying for the network + and icnd 1 for the last 8 months (was not focused enough). I started a network + prep class 2 weeks ago (required for my degree) so I have been studying hard.

Right now I am have been using the MM Passport book, cbt nuggets videos, and Measure Up practice test. I read the passport book and have used cbt nuggets videos to enforce topics I did not understand. Right now on measureup's I am averaging 95-99% consistently. On the practice test I reviewed areas I was getting wrong and re-read/watched with the book or videos.

Does this sound like a good plan? I plan on taking the test the 17th. Should I look at any other practice test or just going through the measureups?

Comments

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Yes, that all sounds good. I'm assuming that you've been using N10-004 study materials since you started 8 months ago. As long as you plan on taking the N10-004 exam, this all sounds good. I look forward to seeing your post next week saying you've passed.

Darril Gibson
  • chappys4lifechappys4life Member Posts: 114
    Oops yes I have been studying the N10-004 exam. I ended up getting the date bumped to Saturday morning, I wanted to bump up the date because I can get an automatic A for getting my network + in the class I am in now.

Wish me luck and I will post my score once I have it.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good luck and let us know how you do!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck in the exam :)
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • MichaelRMichaelR Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! I'm just starting. Let us know
  • LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    Yes, that all sounds good. I'm assuming that you've been using N10-004 study materials since you started 8 months ago. As long as you plan on taking the N10-004 exam, this all sounds good. I look forward to seeing your post next week saying you've passed.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ Blog
    Security+/Network+ Daily Tips

Do you think the differences between the 004 and 005 are significant enough to cause worry? I've been studying 004 material, but booked a 005 for the 28th!
    In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems
    I passed with a 853! I was freaking out thinking I did not know the stuff so I answered them all closed my eyes for a second and calmed down then reviewed my answers and felt semi better. So glad I am done with it now onto the Security+.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Lenniusce wrote: »
    Do you think the differences between the 004 and 005 are significant enough to cause worry? I've been studying 004 material, but booked a 005 for the 28th!

Short answer. Yes.

Long answer. I recently completed an analysis of the differences between the N10-004 and N10-005 exams and posted it here:
    Network+ N10-004 and N10-005 Differences. I don't know your background so don't know if you'll have the extra knowledge to cover the differences, but if you've been studying N10-004 material, I'd suggest you either shift focus to study N10-005 material and fill in the gaps, or change the scheduled exam to N10-004. You can continue to take the N10-004 exam until August.

HTH,

I passed with a 853! I was freaking out thinking I did not know the stuff so I answered them all closed my eyes for a second and calmed down then reviewed my answers and felt semi better. So glad I am done with it now onto the Security+.

Congratullations. Great score. Good luck on the Security+.

Darril Gibson
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
    Thanks guys for the kind words. Hopefully I can kick out the Security+ quickly. I bought Darill's book for the kindle and also borrow the practice questions through lending.