CCNP Security

mdf_shaheedmdf_shaheed Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,
I passed my CCNA Security exam yesterday. I need someone's help in doing CCNP Security can anyone suggest me which off the 4 papers I should choose first.
Can I go for Secure OR Firewall.
Can anyone give me the latest syllabus for CCNP Security (Blueprint).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The latest blueprint for every Cisco cert exam can be found here. Though the topics for CCNP Security are pretty short and vague, even by Cisco standards. Things like "Configure & verify Layer 2 and Layer 3 security features."
    IT Certification - Cisco - Cisco Systems
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    mdf_shaheed> can anyone suggest me which off the 4 papers I should choose first.

I hear SECURE has large overlap with CCNA:Sec (but goes deeper in some areas), so you may want to tackle it first for this reason.

alan2308> Though the topics for CCNP Security are pretty short and vague, even by Cisco standards

That is true, and you could refer to the blueprints of the older corresponding exams for expanded definitions of the topics - there will be things taken out from and added to new exams, so don't go entirely by the older blueprints, but they at least provide some guidance on what the recently shortened objective meant before.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I started with FIREWALL first and I seem to be doing fine with my studies. I was a little tired of IOS sec when I finished CCNA Security. I'll probably go back to SECURE after FIREWALL.
    SECURE is not an official pre-req for the FIREWALL exam...you can go any order you want. It's just recommended SECURE,FIREWALL,VPN,then IPS.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    i'd do SECURE first due to the overlap in topics.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • ScalesScales Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can I ask what you used to study for the CCNA Security?
  • ssnohmanssnohman Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, I think Secure is best choose for your start. Its easy, strong and base for CCSP.
    i 'm also going for SNRS/VPN then PIX/ASA, IPS then CCIE Security. If you want to join me, u r most welcome.
    my skype id is ssnohman