Passed SSCP

ivx502ivx502 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
Based on other posts here is the down and dirty

Date taken 12-17-2011
Place taken Louisville, Ky

Results recieved 1-18-2012

I took a class earlier last year and I brushed up on the ISC2 SSCP CBK a week beforehand. As anyone will tell you that it is not a reccommended course of action. I tackled the test in blocks of 10 ten questions and carefully transposed the answers onto the scantron. I finished the test in around 2 hours from what I remember. I now have to edit my resume so my boss can endorse me. At this time I don't have any plans to take the CISSP. While I was there I saw some of the people taking the CISSP looking rather frazzled.

Comments

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on passing the SSCP. Yes, frazzled is a good way to describe how many of us felt after taking the CISSP.

Darrril
  • davearrrrrdavearrrrr Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello and congratulations!

Can you list your IT/InfoSec background for those of us trying to gauge experience/difficulty?

Thanks!
    ivx502 wrote: »
    Based on other posts here is the down and dirty

Date taken 12-17-2011
    Place taken Louisville, Ky

Results recieved 1-18-2012

I took a class earlier last year and I brushed up on the ISC2 SSCP CBK a week beforehand. As anyone will tell you that it is not a reccommended course of action. I tackled the test in blocks of 10 ten questions and carefully transposed the answers onto the scantron. I finished the test in around 2 hours from what I remember. I now have to edit my resume so my boss can endorse me. At this time I don't have any plans to take the CISSP. While I was there I saw some of the people taking the CISSP looking rather frazzled.
  • ivx502ivx502 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here is a summary of my background

4 years experience dealing with DOD networks. After I got out of the military I spent another 4 years working as a physical security contractor for a large corporation. I am currently in school going for an associates in Network Security. Since August of last year I now work as a IMO for a military contractor.
    davearrrrr wrote: »
    Hello and congratulations!

Can you list your IT/InfoSec background for those of us trying to gauge experience/difficulty?

Thanks!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass, I also intend to take this one waaaay.. down the track, I have brought Darril's book and also the ISC2 Official Guide. (PS, If Darril is back in on this forum, tell him I said thanks heaps for a great guide on the Sec+ which I believe I passed thanks to his Book).

I am already stressed about the exam and are no where near doing it yet!!
    Can I ask, did you find the ISC2 SSCP CBK mapped closely to the exam questions?

Also I have been trying to find out info about the price of the SSCP exam, I live in Australia near Brisbane and am curious if any knows roughly what it would cost to do the SSCP here?

Thanks for any info:)
    Steve
    The Wings of Technology
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    quinnyfly wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass, I also intend to take this one waaaay.. down the track, I have brought Darril's book and also the ISC2 Official Guide. (PS, If Darril is back in on this forum, tell him I said thanks heaps for a great guide on the Sec+ which I believe I passed thanks to his Book).

I am already stressed about the exam and are no where near doing it yet!!
    Can I ask, did you find the ISC2 SSCP CBK mapped closely to the exam questions?

Also I have been trying to find out info about the price of the SSCP exam, I live in Australia near Brisbane and am curious if any knows roughly what it would cost to do the SSCP here?

Thanks for any info:)
    Steve

Glad to hear the Security+ book helped. Here's a link to (ISC)2's pricing page: https://www.isc2.org/uploadedFiles/Certification_Programs/exam_pricing.pdf.

Darril
  • Joseph HarlessJoseph Harless Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
  • Lancelot56Lancelot56 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass ivx502 !!!!!!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz on the pass. I hear that's a tough exam to pass.