Options

Help!

cooldrewbcooldrewb Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have taken the CISSP exam twice now and both times failed. The first time I scored a 690 and the second time 685. I have been using the Shon Harris book for the most part, Shon Harris Mp3's, and used CCCure and Shon Harris practice exams in the back of the book but still missing something. Just wondering if someone might be able to suggest different books, practice exams, or what is the best boot camp. I am looking to take a different approach this time and need some suggestions.

Drew

Comments

• Options
    bluntyblunty Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cooldrewb wrote: »
    Hi,

I have taken the CISSP exam twice now and both times failed. The first time I scored a 690 and the second time 685. I have been using the Shon Harris book for the most part, Shon Harris Mp3's, and used CCCure and Shon Harris practice exams in the back of the book but still missing something. Just wondering if someone might be able to suggest different books, practice exams, or what is the best boot camp. I am looking to take a different approach this time and need some suggestions.

Drew

I would assume (sorry if i am wrong) based on your list of certifications that you are probably over-thinking your answers, I have basically the same certifications as you but on my exam I took a non-technical / management approach in my answers.

Where areas are you performing your worse in ?
  • Options
    Access Control
    Telecommunications & Network Security
    Cryptography
    Legal, Regulations, Investigations & Compliance
  • Options
    bluntyblunty Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cooldrewb wrote: »
    Access Control
    Telecommunications & Network Security
    Cryptography
    Legal, Regulations, Investigations & Compliance

With the Exception of Legal, Regulation, etc you are failing in the technical areas as i suspected, so i might actually be right. You are probably overthinking your answers and trying to answer the questions like an "engineer" instead of a "Manager".

You will have to rethink your strategy. Think more strategic ....
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    You might also consider trying to determine the answer of an exam item before you look at the answer options given, and resist changing any of your answers afterwards. Unless you've had an obvious misunderstanding of the question, second-guessing your original answer selection is usually a bad thing.

Think with your gut first and then with your brain--just like a manager! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    blunty wrote: »
    With the Exception of Legal, Regulation, etc you are failing in the technical areas as i suspected, so i might actually be right. You are probably overthinking your answers and trying to answer the questions like an "engineer" instead of a "Manager".

You will have to rethink your strategy. Think more strategic ....

I never really thought of it that way but I guess I can see that now.