For me, The Beast still lives

robdogrobdog Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
Today was my 2nd time that I bombed the 70-291. I thought I have covered my weak points, instead I just improved really good in one area maintain a bit on the other areas of my previous encounter. Made a bit of headway in my weak point from my last test & fell for the tricks on the DNS portion, which in received a lower score in that section. Overall I did better w/ a 617 (previous was a 597), but I am still out in the freakin' cold. These last couple of months I have dedicated myself to the ways of Windows 2003 server. I have embraced the Conditional forwarding, but at the same time I have alienated myself from friends & family. I am going back at it next week even more determined to bring this beast down!!!

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I feel you on failing these exams. Are you labbing the material as you go? I highly recommend you do!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • robdogrobdog Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yes I am. I think I am over doing it. I can only do so much in my labs. I try to create users, groups, domains...ect...I don't have the real world knowledge of the test...or the experience. I am stuck between a rock & a hard spot.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    This is a tough test, Took me 4 attempts icon_sad.gif

So don't let it get you down, just keep going. The more you study the better you will get.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
    sorry for the late response..I didn't celebrate xmas...I didn't celebrate on New Year's Eve..but today I did the Kamehameha to 70-291 & got a 850!!! Can you say MCSA?? I can now :D Happy New Years!!!
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats man! Definitely a great way to start the new year!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well done!! That sure is a good start to the new year. What's next, on to the rest of the exams for the MCSE or are you going to focus on the MCITP exams now?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    well done, it sure is a beast - took me two attempts
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    In celebration of earning my MCSA (ok, I haven't stopped partying since I passed), I have created a HomeBrew to enhance the moment. Cheers People & keep up improving your skills. This Forum is a Great!!!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    robdog wrote: »
    In celebration of earning my MCSA (ok, I haven't stopped partying since I passed), I have created a HomeBrew to enhance the moment. Cheers People & keep up improving your skills. This Forum is a Great!!!

Keep pounding them!

Well done!