Options

Lets Talk SAF(service advertisement framework(

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
What is everyone's thoughts on this technology?

SAF seems like its going to be a umbrella and CCD(call control discovery) is one of the mechanisms under it.
For those that don't know what this does is use EIGRP technology and allow you to advertise DN and back PSTN routes to other CUCM clusters. What this does is allow you to not have to make a bunch of static assignments for all your clusters, then when updates occur you have to make them again. It also provides PSTN backup if the phone you are dialing is not Reachable by IP. This has the potential to replace Gatekeepers for getting to other locations. At this point, it doesn't provide CAC, but I'm sure thats coming or they will combine it with other features already available.

Thoughts?

Edit I removed the SIP trunks from the replace section
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you pretty much said it all. Now that we can support RSVP over SIP Trunks, RSVP will seem to be the standard CAC method paired along with SAF allowing us to just do away with gatekeepers completely. good riddance IMO
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    You don't like gatekeepers? I think they are one of the most under used tools in multicluster setups.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related