Microsoft Private Cloud Certification

AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
FYI

Microsoft Private Cloud Overview

"The private cloud certification requires candidates to show continued ability to perform in this technology area by completing a recertification exam every three years."
Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I'm looking forward to it. Already registered for the free Jump Start. All the coming soon stuff is driving me crazy. Hurry up MS!
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    AlexNguyen wrote: »
    ..."The private cloud certification requires candidates to show continued ability to perform in this technology area by completing a recertification exam every three years."

To be honest, I don't know if I can be bothered with MS certs now...
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    NinjaBoy wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't know if I can be bothered with MS certs now...

The whole industry is moving towards requiring re-certification/continuing education. Cisco, GIAC, CompTIA, (ISC)2 have already made the switch, and it seems Microsoft is following suit. This is being driven by ISO 17024, which is a compelling force for these organizations.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not a gamechanger for your career for many people in operations. If a requirement at work, do it but then likely the company will finance this. Otherwise, read the free literature and save your money.
  • buzzkillbuzzkill Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I presume this certification was the catalyst for that survey they ran last year canvassing thoughts on re-certification. Opinions were certainly divided on that one, probably based on whether the person was a test taker or a manager requiring it of others.
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    buzzkill wrote: »
    I presume this certification was the catalyst for that survey they ran last year canvassing thoughts on re-certification. Opinions were certainly divided on that one, probably based on whether the person was a test taker or a manager requiring it of others.

The survey is relevant, but ultimately I think ISO 17024 is the driving force. There are a lot of major organizations, especially government (the US Department of Defense being the big one) that will only recognize (or give "better" recognition to) ISO 17024-accredited certifications. MS is not one to give up ground in any industry when there's money to be made. Ultimately, despite test takers' objections, MS and most organizations providing technical certification are going to go this route.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Looking to do this. By the time the exams are available I'd hope to only need 70-246.
  • BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    I also agree with the recertification policy on a certification of this type. It sounds different and more generic compared to a MCTS or MCITP (that generally only relate to a specific product or technology version).
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got an email about this as well earlier last week I think

Pretty cool news