About to take the Linux+ exam..

Linux00800Linux00800 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I think I'm finally ready for this test..

Study material is:

The Complete Linux+ study guide (Sybex)
& Transcender test'

The Transcender test' are making feel a little more confident and helping out a lot. The test or reinforcing what i know and lets me know where i need to study a lil more.

I'm only scheduled for lx0-101 this coming week and willl continue on to lx0-102 the following week.

Wish me luck...:D

Comments

• brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Linux00800 wrote: »

Study material is:

& Transcender test'

The Transcender test' are making feel a little more confident and helping out a lot. The test or reinforcing what i know and lets me know where i need to study a lil more.

I'm only scheduled for lx0-101 this coming week and willl continue on to lx0-102 the following week.

I'd be interested in knowing how you did.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Linux00800Linux00800 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    brownwrap wrote: »
    I'd be interested in knowing how you did.

For sure - I will post an update
  • djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    Good luck, thats the next test I will be taking as well.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
    Well,

I PASSED!! icon_cheers.gif The LX0-101 that is..

I didn't get the high score I wanted, but i'm just happy I passed!

My advice: read the questions carefully, and understand the concepts.

The Transcender practice exams were pretty good, They made me go back and study a little more on some topics, like disk quotas. I'm not sure if it's that necessary though-Good if you can afford.

The Complete Linux+ (Sybex) has been the only book I have been using along with the some man pages reading. I believe this is enough as long as you understand the concepts. I also used Virtual Box with Ubuntu, CentOS, and Fedora 12 VM's.

Next... LX0-102 icon_study.gif
    Well,

I PASSED!! icon_cheers.gif The LX0-101 that is..
    icon_study.gif

Good for you and good luck on your next one. I've had to put that aside for now, but I'll get back on it. How much experience in Linux did you have prior to your starting your studies? And how much time did you spend in getting ready?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

How much Linux experience do you have?
    I have been going to school for my AAS in Linux Networking for 2 years now.. I have no real world experience but I'm in the running for a Jr. Linux system admin position at my current job.

I started studying for the Linux+ (lx0-101) about 5 days ago with the Sybex book and Transcender practice exam. I read chapters 1-5 back and forth and hit the man pages for additional info.. especially for dpkg and rpm. I was weak on DPKG packages and apt-get because we only used the Red Hat strains in school (Fedora, CentOs).

It has been crunch time!! icon_study.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!

Good luck with job opportunity I hope you get it icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    Congrats on the pass, that's great!
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
    Mission accomplished, I am finally LINUX+ certified!! icon_cheers.gif

Passed 102 today, I seemed to get by this one easier than the first part. I studied heavy though.. pretty much 4 days straight.

Here's all study material I used:

LX0-101

Sybex Complete study guide
    Transcender lx0-101
    Virtual Box with Cent OS and Ubuntu VM's

LX0-102

LPI in a nut shell (3rd edition)
    Transcender lx0-102
    & some Ginko Baloba :)
    Mission accomplished, I am finally LINUX+ certified!! icon_cheers.gif

Passed 102 today, I seemed to get by this one easier than the first part. I studied heavy though.. pretty much 4 days straight.

Here's all study material I used:

LX0-101

Transcender lx0-101

LX0-102

LPI in a nut shell (3rd edition)
    Transcender lx0-102
    & some Ginko Baloba :)

Good work. Hope I can get back to it before the year is out. Congratulations.
  • ronni_linuxronni_linux Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□

Study material is:

& Transcender test'

Did you have to pay for Transcender test?
    I am about to take the exam too :) wish me luck