Toronto area techies?

mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
Hey guys. I'm moving on to greener pastures, so this will be a role for a Network Admin in a largely Cisco shop in the Marham area. The role is a contract position with one of the Japanese automakers (give you a clue... not Toyota, Nissan or Mazda), at their Canadian HQ.

Equipment here includes plenty of routers and switches, an MPLS network to branch offices, ACE load balancers, ASA and Checkpoint firewalls, still using VPN 3000 concentrators, etc etc. Upcoming network projects include installing Websense Secure Gateway (to replace an aged product) and procuring and installing ASA 5520's with CSC modules in four of the branch offices to provide them direct internet access (all currently come back to Markham for internet access across the MPLS, but too many complaints about latency has moved management to pony up for direct internet feeds).

I know that a CCNP is expected, but a CCNA working towards an NP would suffice.

If you know anyone that fits the role, throw me their resume and I'll forward it to my team lead.

Mike
There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.

Comments

• MoeeedMoeeed Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey man I just passed my CCNP Today.

Should I send you my resume?

I am in need of better job.
  • ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I won't be applying, but thank you for posting on here to help fellow TE members out!
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Hey Conrad... yeah, that's what I was thinking. Someone here's got to be in the TO area and be looking for a pretty decent gig.

@ Moeeed... pm'd ya with the email for your resume.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.