Does passing 70-270 still make you a MCP?

BeachTech_BeachTech_ Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have looked on Microsoft's cert website and could not get a clear answer. It use to be passing one core exam (like 70-270) made you a MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional). Is that still the case?

I tried to use the search feature on this website but MCP is too small of a word for it to search for.

Thank you!

Comments

• mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BeachTech_ wrote: »
    I have looked on Microsoft's cert website and could not get a clear answer. It use to be passing one core exam (like 70-270) made you a MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional). Is that still the case?

I tried to use the search feature on this website but MCP is too small of a word for it to search for.

Thank you!

Yes you become an MCP but I think its now being replaced with MCTIP for the Vista and above qualifications.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mishy wrote: »
    Yes you become an MCP but I think its now being replaced with MCTIP for the Vista and above qualifications.

Yes 70-270 gives you the title of MCP. Vista and above give you MCTS, which is part of the MCITP track.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Yes 70-270 gives you the title of MCP. Vista and above give you MCTS, which is part of the MCITP track.

What he said.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • uunrlg_143uunrlg_143 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am happy to hear that .. I am a MCP . Just cleared this exam today 907 marks... not bad for a rookie
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    uunrlg_143 wrote: »
    I am happy to hear that .. I am a MCP . Just cleared this exam today 907 marks... not bad for a rookie

Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63