Just finished CISA exam

newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
I have just finished writing CISA exam, I have mixed feelings about it though until the results are released.

Hopefully, I will have bragging rights after passing the exam and give a detailed review.

Who else wrote the exam today and how was it?

Comments

• JimmyHanJimmyHan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi.... I also did it yesterday.... Hope we all pass this exam... icon_cheers.gif
  • newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    Goodluck sir!

Quick question, if I miss about 50 questions can I still be guaranteed a pass?
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I hope you did well....I have been reading through the material for this exam.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    I've used Sybex , although it was old material... it was way easier to read then the offical one , I didnt feel the exam was hard , its all depend on your understanding... you'll get it right or you'll get it wrong XD

Honestly I'm not sure how I did.. all depend on my 1st guess ( I hate to 2nd guess myself).

anyway GL to everyone.
  • prestypresty Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has any one recived the CISA Dec 2011 results yet?
    If not any idea how many more weeks/days.
    The anticipation is killing me.
  • Sam2011Sam2011 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Falasi wrote: »
    I've used Sybex , although it was old material... it was way easier to read then the offical one , I didnt feel the exam was hard , its all depend on your understanding... you'll get it right or you'll get it wrong XD

Honestly I'm not sure how I did.. all depend on my 1st guess ( I hate to 2nd guess myself).

anyway GL to everyone.

Last year results come out quite earlier, on 28 of January 2011, and I reckon it will be the same this year, from know about 16 days..
    GL
  • vikashcisavikashcisa Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sam2011 wrote: »
    Last year results come out quite earlier, on 28 of January 2011, and I reckon it will be the same this year, from know about 16 days..GL
    hope these are the last 10 days of wait for the results....
  • rohitjain759rohitjain759 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys, any idea when wouldthe result be declared ! I am highly tensed
  • WGFWGF Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure this has been said before, but isn't it embarrassing for ISACA to not have computerized tests when the material is based on information systems? How is it that the IIA can give you computerized results immediately and ISACA can't get on board? Oh well, I'm waiting impatiently just like everyone else.
  • forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    I got an ISACA envelope today and thought that it's the exam score since ISACA did say we'd get a paper, email, website update once the scores are released. But it turned out to be my annual membership invoice. Argg.
    I got an envelop as well, turned out it was just ISACA catalog. I called the certification center yesterday and they told they will be released any day in the next 2 weeks. icon_smile.gif

Keeping my fingures crossed. Good luck to everyone!!
    Last year released(Friday 28 Jan 2011) exam was on (10 DEC 2010), hopefully we will get the result Friday 27/01 as the exam was on (11 DEC 2011) or at least ON Monday 31, Good luck every one ..
    Guys i have marked around 70+ correct answers and have doubts over 60 + Questions b/w 2 Answers... Any body aware of scoring pattern ???
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There's not one. Besides, the questions are weighted, not to mention the questions thataren't counted (research). You also have accounted for 130 out of the 200 questions, so there's no way to know until you get your results.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • ak1153ak1153 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The wait is jus plain old annoying ... based on last year's dates, today would be the day for them to release the results....

Hoping we all PASS:::fingers crossed:::
    and I though ISC are evil >.>;

Hope we all pass, GL all
  • w0rdw0rd Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    7:05pm on the east coast...... looking like today is not the day.
  • Edwin.MshangaEdwin.Mshanga Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope the results will come out tomorrow.I was trying to access the ISACA website where they show results its just showing blank meaning they are posting results.
  • AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hope the results will come out tomorrow.I was trying to access the ISACA website where they show results its just showing blank meaning they are posting results.

From my personal experience, I've got the result in my e-mail first. Then a few days later,
    the result was posted on the ISACA web site.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • cncncncncncn Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I am also eagerly waiting for the results of CISA exam.
    My personal experiences show that, results may be announced tomorrow or tuesday.
    That was my second try. 1 year ago i got a 412 ...
    Hope I pass it this time.
    Good luck for everyone...
    This is so so annoying... so much of uncertainity !!! Any idea if result come in first half or second ??? Hope we all PASS ..
    Hopefully its ganna be like my CISSP result , right before I sleep today XD! (in 12h) just to prevent me from sleeping ...

:fingers crossed:
  • Edwin.MshangaEdwin.Mshanga Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I dont see exams coming out todat. Technically we are in the 7th week. So lets hold the patience.
  • jimmybuayjimmybuay Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I am new here.. I hope to obtain my CISA certification but I am not very sure with the process,domain,reference,etc.. Hopefully can get advices from all seniors. Thank you.
  • guruduttusaguruduttusa Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So its just not me who is checking the results every day and every moment.....whew !!! Lets get this over with already
  • ravivrravivr Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I recently completed cissp exam and cleared. I am inclined to take cissp concentration now. cissap-issap (Architect). I have 12+ yrs of exp and come from network background..Any idea on what is the scope for issap and other concentrations? Will that be helpful in my career?
  • cncncncncncn Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Some little information for you :

Some former exam dates and result announcement dates i got from my friends and mine.

The CISA exam date was 14.06.2008, results announced on 22.07.2008, Email time : 10:51 PM
    The CISA exam date was 12.12.2009, results announced on 29.01.2010, Email time : 01:23 AM
    The CISA exam date was 12.06.2010, results announced on 13.08.2010, Email time : 12:14 AM
    The CISA exam date was 11.12.2010, results announced on 28.01.2011 ( Thanks to Sam2011 )
    The CISA exam date was 11.06.2011, results announced on 02.08.2011 ( Thanks to Sam2011 )

Important thing is time zone here in my country is GMT +2.

As you can see, announcement time really varies.

Now:

The exam date was 10.12.2011, results'll be announced on ??? :)
    It is certain that, results can come any time from now on.
    I don't think we'll wait so much but possible latest time may be this friday...(just my feelings)

I am really excited!
  • ak1153ak1153 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will def. be posting my results either way here once they send them out.

I agree with others - it should be any day now.

I will try to add some study tips / habits that worked for me...
    Dear cncncn,

I like this track of former exam it will help us and people taking exam after, and I would like to add:

The CISA exam date was 11.12.2010, results announced on 28.01.2011
    The CISA exam date was 11.06.2011, results announced on 02.08.2011

NOW:
    The CISA exam date was 10.12.2011, results announced on ( Very very SOON ).. GL

I am waiting and excited too....

Thanks for sharing the historical dates.. hope everyone in this thread clears the exam.. GL everyone!!!!