Options

CCNP books price

ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
I was looking at the CCNP FLG books on amazon today. I have notice that they are a little cheaper then last time I looked. You can get the whole set for $90.48. With the price coming down does that mean there are new editions coming out? I am getting ready to buy but if there is new editions coming down then I will hold off. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Hi there,

I purchased that set of FLG's a few weeks ago and I'm already powering into the ROUTE book. I haven't heard about any new editions being on the horizon so I think you'd be all good.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • Options
    ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I purchased this back in Sept. You should be good ok with these books for a while.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Usually aren't new editions until new exams come out, so you should be safe.
  • Options
    Thank you I just ordered them. Now all I need is the INE videos and I am all set to begin. :) I am going to start with switch then on to route and finally tshoot. Thinking it will take a year to complete. I am in no rush just enjoying journey. :)
  • Options
    ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A long journey it will be :) I am in the same boat. I read through the Switch book now will read through the route. I think I would like to do the route first because I am waiting for quad cards to arrive to build our CCIE lab.
  • Options
    echo465echo465 Banned Posts: 115
    I've managed to get the the 3 FLG's plus the 3 Official cert guides for $9.99 each by checking Cisco Press's deal of the day every day. Now I just need to actually study the material.
  • Options
    echo465 wrote: »
    I've managed to get the the 3 FLG's plus the 3 Official cert guides for $9.99 each by checking Cisco Press's deal of the day every day. Now I just need to actually study the material.

That is not bad. I have seen that but I didn't feel like waiting. lol... I was very surprised how big the routing book was compared to the switch and tshoot. I have started poking around with them last night but I am not going to get serious until I get out of school. I can't wait until spring when I am finally done with my BS. It has been a long 5 years but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then I can focus on my certs.