Passed 702!!

LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just took it five minutes ago

Thought I was going to have a conniption at the loading screen as I peeked through my fingers. It was MUCH harder than 701 and I was SURE I failed.

Somehow, by some stroke of luck, I managed to get a better score than my 701. I made a 817 on my 701 and 820 on the one I just took.

Honestly, I could have passed the 701 without studying (which I overstudied for). But this one was a beast by comparison.

Word to the wise: use all of your time, review flags, go with your instinct, and study 2x of what you did for the 701 because this one deviates from the objectives a little more.
In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems

Comments

• marhomarho Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I congratulate to success.

Martin
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yup I agree with you. 702 is a whole new ball game compare to 701. I ended up with 811/900 on Essentials, but only 753/900 on Practical.
  • Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im finding it hard to study for the 702, im just trying to nail command prompts and port numbers so far, and hoping that my experience will get me through the situational questions.

I feel the same way with the 702 that I felt with the ICND1 (which I failed)...its 50/50. Thanks for the advice after you passed though, will study harder!
  • charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    my problem was I studied alot more for 701 than 702. Spend 2 weeks studying for 701, and only 3 days for 702. Although both kinda overlaps each other a bit.
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gif It's funny how you guys are saying one is harder than the other. They seemed like the same exam to me. I couldn't distinguish one of the other if you paid me.

P.S. Congrats :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • rakkarakka Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking the 702 on Saturday (passed 701 this past Saturday), so I'm still studying over everything as much as possible. How would you say they deviated from the objectives? What kind of material caught you by surprise if you don't mind sharing? I want to cover any extra topics they might throw at me.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!

icon_thumright.gif
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats bro! icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging