Options

A good read for people looking to start out in IT

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
This article has some good info for anyone looking to break into IT. Though not everyones results will be the same it does show that motivation and even some certs pays off.

IT Careers: Certification and Motivation Pays Off

Comments

• Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    Quote from the article: "So, I decided to stop one class short of a BS to maintain my eligibility status for the Pell grant, and enrolled in a vocational program to obtain various [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]IT [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]certifications[/FONT][/FONT]."

Wow, I hadn't thought of that... pretty good idea. I may recommend that to a few folks that are in BS programs and are looking for more certs. It'll delay the time until graduation, but for the right certs and hands-on lab experience it might be worth it.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Great story. Should be a must read for all of those trying to break into the industry. What you want is out there. You just have to know how to grab it.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice read!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    JL15219JL15219 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very nice story! icon_thumright.gif