backscatter dot org....

NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
What a scam!!! I can't believe MX Logic uses them as a BL reference.

Anyone else ever had to deal with those crooks??
WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:

Comments

• it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Most major ISPs use them. You have to work kind of hard to end up on back scatterer dot org.
  • NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Most major ISPs use them. You have to work kind of hard to end up on back scatterer dot org.

On the contrary. A simple email ( Clearly marked with my name and organization) to 3 different domains checking TLS connectivity gets you blacklisted?? Have you ever tried to contact them??

Go to their website and try to find contact info....they basically tell you to F*** off. Then you have to pay or wait a month, because they made a mistake???
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Every time I have looked into a listing by backscatterer dot org I have found that they have indeed sent out large amounts of unsolicited NDR emails. Excessive amounts of NDRs are referred to as backscatter spam. If you use MX Logic, Postini, or Microsoft to filter your inbound mail, I recommend you use them to filter your outbound mail as well.

I have tested many mail servers for TLS connectivity and this has not caused a listing on backscatterer dot org. I find the explanation as to how you got black listed doubtful. Usually I find the most complaints against SORBS - they are extremely serious about not spamming.

http://spamlinks.net/prevent-secure-backscatter.htm

I use domainkeys to prevent back scatter. When I look in the logs I see a good amount of rejected NDRs due to failed domain keys verification.
  • humdingy02humdingy02 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had a client get blacklisted by them during an ISP / mail server transition. MXtoolbox basically told me to ride it out, because their 'removal' process simply involved paying their fee.
    Another client ended up on Trend Micro's list. It was resolved through ticket submission and email.
    WGU - BS, IT Security (starting Feb 1st, 2012)
    Remaining: LUT1,QBT1,DFV1,BOV1,HHT1,QLT1,RIT1,IWC1,IWT1,DJV1,KET1,TPV1,MGC1,CVV1,CJV1,KFT1,CNV1,SBT1,RGT1
    Completed: WFV1,CLC1,INT1,CUV1,CQV1,BNC1,GAC1
    Transferred: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,AXV1,CPV1,INC1,CSV1,COV1,CTV1,DHV1,BVC1