Options

ISP TECH SUPPORT

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
ALL,
HAVE ANY OF YOU CALLED YOUR ISP FOR TECH HELP AND ENDED UP KNOWING MORE THEN THE PERSON WHO WAS HELPING YOU ?
i JUST HAD TO CALL AND I GOT THE INFO TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM BUT GEEZZE WHAT AM I PAYING THESE FOLKS FOR ?

MY TWO CENTS
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you paying them for support or for an internet connection?
    Generally the support guy who calls will be first line support just to take details of the fault.This is a fast response to tie in with customer sla's.Dont be surprised that you knew more its common and as they are basically secetaries i would be worried if you didnt.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've not only ended up knowing more than a lot of them, I've caught some of them in blatant lies:

"Uhh, no sir. It's not possible to network the cable connection you're paying us for, you'll just have to talk to our sales department and sign up for a broadband line for each computer in your house."

(I'm thankful I didn't decide to go down there. I would have strangled him with his phonecord for telling customers stuff like that.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.