Test pool of actual exam questions

Jeremy HintonJeremy Hinton Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
If anyone remembers any of the questions they had on the exam (OS), even just one, can you post it so i can create a pool for studying? I have taken test on multiple sites for the OS exam and have passed them, but would like more to practice on, and it seems that nothing would be better to practice on than questions in the same format and and same question style as the exam itself, i remember when I took the Core part I had more trouble with understanding the wording than I had on any of the practice test i took. This could be helpful to others in understanding what the presentation of the actual test will look like. Thanks to all that can help.

Comments

• Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Posting the actual questions from an exam is called CHEATING and I think you will find that, not only, people on this site do not help you ****, but that you will get more out of these exams if you really learn the required information without cheating.
    On the other hand....you will find that many people in this forum are willing to help others comprehend the material that you may be having trouble with.
    You will also find TONS of great study material here and practice exams (NOT QUESTIONS FROM AN EXAM).
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    We don't like cheaters and brain dumpers here. We want people to know the information and be able to retain the information for the real world not just until you pass the exam. :D
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Jeremy HintonJeremy Hinton Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    here is what I am having trouble with. which text editors edit which files from within the GUI and form within DOS. I know SYSEDIT and Notepad are GUI editors, but which files can they modify? This confuses me and I can forsee it confusing me on the test.
    Is there an array of setuplogs to check startup errors, for instance if I got a blue screen, where would I go to print out the error message I got
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Are you reading any book or guide to help with your studies? These are covered by most quality books, and IMO, you probably won't get asked about a text editor or blue screen specific for A+.

Also, the reason you got a couple of negative replies to your original inquiry is simple, doing so would VIOLATE the Non-Disclosure Agreement, that ALL exam takers MUST AGREE to. Violation can result in loss of all certifications, and you won't be able to get them again. Now you know.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    instead, I have several Study guides that have been reading, I dont know if I should name my resources for infringment purposes, but I also have done lots of study questions and have just come across some questions which none of my guides really help me with and I would like to be able to learn everything about all the OS's, and not just what study guides want me to study for, I feel I am ready for the test, but I want to make sure that the test is not going to go into details about which system file editors are for which systems and things of that nature. The only real way I have been able to learn these older OS's is by reading about them, the only time I have internet acces is at work and I do not have the time to Download virtual OS's and play with them in every aspect that needs to be done
    The event viewer is a very handy troubleshooting tool when looking for errors related to the OS. You can view it by going to (Windows XP) the Control Panel(Classic View)>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer. There you will see 3 log types.....Application, Security and System.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&sd=tech

There are also logs that are created when installing XP. You can read about them in the study notes on this site under Windows XP.
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes/xp/installing.shtml

As Ricka mentioned.......I don't believe that you will run into detailed questions on these.

I would recommend getting the objectives and going over them to see what is required for the exam. http://www.techexams.net/co_aplusos.shtml
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I thought I replied??? Either I removed my comment or I 'posted' too quickly and failed to return here to post as I was leaving for a couple hours.

Thank you Silver Bullet and Ricka182!

Jeremy, both are right on.

I wouldn't recommend concentrating on masses of 'study guides'.

The objectives from CompTIA (as SB mentioned)
    A good book - such as Meyers AIO A+ (hinted at by Ricka182)
    The TechNotes and forum here
    Experience - as much as possible

There are many areas of computer hardware and OS that are covered for the A+, but the exam doesn't get into detailed operations details/crashes etc... The objectives will clear up the areas you will need to know. Basically (and not limited to), Installation space, system requirements, upgrade paths, compatibility, installations, etc... More of the how to get things working (at the beginning).

The mroe detailed OS troubleshooting will be covered in the MS exams; 70-210; 70-215; 70-272 etc...

BTW - study guides are just that...guides. Tend to benefit those with experience who need a highlighted review. Consider Meyers book or even Sybex as well as MS website, Mueller's Upgrading & Repair series ec..

HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • EvilSkyEvilSky Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I dont see why you cant tell him a couple of actuall exam questions, as his goal is to get an idea of the format, rather than having a prepared answer.
    Besides whats the probability that this question would appear in his exam? icon_cool.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    CompTIA offers several sample questions online for each exam, which allows anyone to get a clear idea of the format and level of difficulty. FOr A+ you can find the links here:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/co_apluscore.shtml
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/co_aplusos.shtml
  • jjfalconerjjfalconer Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    EvilSky wrote:
    I dont see why you cant tell him a couple of actuall exam questions, as his goal is to get an idea of the format, rather than having a prepared answer.
    Besides whats the probability that this question would appear in his exam? icon_cool.gif

When you take the exam you are required to sign a form that states that you cannot tell anyone any of the questions on the exam. If you do and Comptia finds out you can loose your Certification.

This best place to see actual exam layout is to take the 10 sample questions on Comptia web page.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    jjfalconer wrote:
    EvilSky wrote:

When you take the exam you are required to sign a form that states that you cannot tell anyone any of the questions on the exam. If you do and Comptia finds out you can loose your Certification.

This best place to see actual exam layout is to take the 10 sample questions on Comptia web page.

BINGO!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?