Passed.

LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
819/900.

Much easier than I was led to believe. Did not have nearly as many flags as I did for the Net+.

This may sound odd, but I don't feel as though I got as much out of this cert as I did with the A+, Net+ since I figured a lot of the answers out using common sense rather than memorization. Anyone else experience this?
In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I thought N+ and A+ were a lot harder as well. N+ especially.

I personally think if someone is interested in security they can go straight to this certifications with out A or N plus.

BTW Gratz on the pass.
  • LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »

I personally think if someone is interested in security they can go straight to this certifications with out A or N plus.

BTW Gratz on the pass.

+1, you're right on the money. I would say from hardest to easiest: Net+, Practical apps, Sec+, Essentials
    In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□

BTW Gratz on the pass.

I hope that is the case. I will be very happy. Currently studying for Sec+.
  • charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lenniusce wrote: »
    +1, you're right on the money. I would say from hardest to easiest: Net+, Practical apps, Sec+, Essentials

My ranking from easiest to hardest would be this:
    Essentials (A+)
    Net+
    Practical (A+)

Only because this order is the scores from highest to lowest for me.

I haven't take Sec+ yet, but prob will have more to say once I have lol
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Lenniusce wrote: »
    819/900.

Much easier than I was led to believe. Did not have nearly as many flags as I did for the Net+.

This may sound odd, but I don't feel as though I got as much out of this cert as I did with the A+, Net+ since I figured a lot of the answers out using common sense rather than memorization. Anyone else experience this?

Congrats on the pass. Not everyone finds it so easy, but good to hear it was easy for you.

I'm reminded of the old quote "Common sense is not so common" (often attributed to Voltaire). If you know the concepts, you can use common sense to identify the correct answers and it sounds like that's what worked for you because you understand the underlying concepts. However, when people don't have a deep understanding of the underlying concepts, they have a much more difficult time analyzing the questions and answers.

Many people actually do take the Security+ without A+ and Network+. I've had several students in classes working security jobs requiring the Security+ certification. They didn't have the networking background so didn't need or want A+ and Network+. However, these students find many of the networking-based topics quite challenging.

Additionally, I've had many students with heavy networking backgrounds that never required them to take A+ and Network+ certifications but were required to get the Security+ certification. They took and passed the exam the last day of the class, or the next day and had comments like Lenniusce saying it was mostly common sense.

Darril Gibson
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Joseph HarlessJoseph Harless Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations nice work.