N10-005 tomorrow.

LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
Brix are being...well, you know the rest.

Any last minute tips, suggestions? Can't sleep.
In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Review ports, protocols, cabling, and OSI model

Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed!!! 833/900!!
    In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations. Good luck on your next adventure.

Darril Gibson
    Darril wrote: »
    Congratulations. Good luck on your next adventure.

Darril Gibson

Do people typically go for the Sec+ next or CCENT? It seems like there it a lot of overlap with both of them. Should I expect the Sec+ to be a lot different from A+, Net+?
    Lenniusce wrote: »
    Do people typically go for the Sec+ next or CCENT? It seems like there it a lot of overlap with both of them. Should I expect the Sec+ to be a lot different from A+, Net+?

I'm not sure it's possible to give a blanket answer to what people "typically" do but I do know that many people take Security+ after Network+. The A+, Network+, and Security+ exams are all similar and have some overlap in knowledge. With just passing the Network+ exam, you do have a lot of knowledge that will help you with the Security+ exam so if you pursue it, you'll find that you're close.

The Network+ cert also gives you a lot of knowledge that will help you with the CCENT, but I don't have any Cisco certs so can't say much more than that.

Good luck with whatever is next for you.

Darril Gibson
  • TearinItDownTearinItDown Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! I am currently A+ certified and new to this site (love what Ive read so far and the community). I was wondering what are the best study materials for the Net+ which I plan on taking soon. I bought the Exam Cram for the A+ after taking some community college classes. I found it to be pretty easy based on my score and would highly recommend the Cram as opposed to a full text book. Do you think the same holds true for Net+? Last question would be, has anyone looked into or plan on taking the Healthcare IT cert? I was considering but not sure how it would benefit me in the job market since it hasn't been fully implemented just yet.
  • charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! I am currently A+ certified and new to this site (love what Ive read so far and the community). I was wondering what are the best study materials for the Net+ which I plan on taking soon. I bought the Exam Cram for the A+ after taking some community college classes. I found it to be pretty easy based on my score and would highly recommend the Cram as opposed to a full text book. Do you think the same holds true for Net+? Last question would be, has anyone looked into or plan on taking the Healthcare IT cert? I was considering but not sure how it would benefit me in the job market since it hasn't been fully implemented just yet.

I use Mike Meyers All in One book for both A+ and Network+. in addition, I bought Exam Cram for Net+ for Mike Harwood. Professor Messer's videos was another source I used, and I made notes on his videos. He pretty much goes through all the objectives on the exam, so its good to make notes on his videos to use as a quick review source.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! Good job.

icon_thumright.gif

Professormesser.com all the way. Free. Convenient. Videos. I did, however, read the passport mike meyers book as well as the exam cram Q and A book. All 3 make for a potent mixture.
  • ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    +1 Professor Messer.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats!
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Joseph HarlessJoseph Harless Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, well done.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    how did u pass the three comptia certs so fast. what are your study secrets!!
  • scovymanscovyman Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Will be taking my Network + exam at the end of this month and going to be retaking my MS 70-659 exam also. Hopefully will pass both. Currently using the Mike Meyers new book for the N10-005 exam
    scovyman wrote: »
    Will be taking my Network + exam at the end of this month and going to be retaking my MS 70-659 exam also. Hopefully will pass both. Currently using the Mike Meyers new book for the N10-005 exam

Welcome to the forums and best of luck on both exams. You'll find the Network+ much easier than just about any Microsoft exam (except for the MTA exam).

Not sure if you've found it or not, but this site does have a Microsoft forum ( Microsoft Forums) and a good search engine. For example, if you plug in 70-659, you'll get this result (http://www.techexams.net/search.php?searchid=97683) which includes some excellent threads by people that have passed the exam.

Good luck.