Options

Just finished CISA exam

Comments

• Options
    guruduttusaguruduttusa Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    presty wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing the historical dates.. hope everyone in this thread clears the exam.. GL everyone!!!!

I got mucho career path created and waiting for me when i clear. I will be supremely disappointed if it goes negative.
  • Options
    prestypresty Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seems today may not the d-day either.
  • Options
    prestypresty Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is it possible that ISACA sends the email with the results after business hours. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    w0rdw0rd Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    presty wrote: »
    Is it possible that ISACA sends the email with the results after business hours. Any thoughts?

Doubt it. It's almost 8:00pm on the East coast. Today is not the day.
  • Options
    Edwin.MshangaEdwin.Mshanga Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cncncn wrote: »
    Some little information for you :

Some former exam dates and result announcement dates i got from my friends and mine.

The CISA exam date was 14.06.2008, results announced on 22.07.2008
    The CISA exam date was 12.12.2009, results announced on 29.01.2010
    The CISA exam date was 12.06.2010, results announced on 13.08.2010

As you can see, it really varies.

Now:

The exam date was 10.12.2011, results'll be announced on ??? :)
    It is certain that, results can come any time from now on.
    I don't think we'll wait so much but possible latest time may be this friday...(just my feelings)

I am really excited!
    ( What time do the email pop up in the mail box?)
  • Options
    DiptipanchalDiptipanchal Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I think it will pop up in the morning only. Eagerly waiting ..!!!

Dont wanna think negative..!!!

Finger crossed. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    cncncncncncn Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Sam2011,

Thank you for providing further information. :) Those will be valuable for all cisa candidates.

@Edwin.Mshanga,

I am adding the time information too :)

The CISA exam date was 14.06.2008, results announced on 22.07.2008, Email time : 10:51 PM
    The CISA exam date was 12.12.2009, results announced on 29.01.2010, Email time : 01:23 AM
    The CISA exam date was 12.06.2010, results announced on 13.08.2010, Email time : 12:14 AM

Those are midnight times but One important thing is time zone here in my country is GMT +2.

It seems that they announce the results just before their shift ends :)
  • Options
    Hi,

I think it will pop up in the morning only. Eagerly waiting ..!!!

Dont wanna think negative..!!!

Finger crossed. icon_smile.gif

Cant believe that its not yet out up to now. Waiting is really a pain.
  • Options
    mjeffersonmjefferson Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From above, results of the June 2010 exam (given on 6/12) weren't returned until 8/13/10 - 2 months and 1 day, so I don't think there's any guarantee that the results will be here early this week.

(Hoping this causes a reverse jinx and we get results immediately.)
  • Options
    ak1153ak1153 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Love the enthusiasm of this thread....

less pass this Bish!!!!!
  • Options
    Sam2011Sam2011 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From what I Knew about CISA and CISM results :
    Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM GMT
    Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM GMT
  • Options
    cncncncncncn Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ahh, 5 minutes ago ( GMT+2 01:04 AM ), an email came from ISACA. I was almost dying from excitement.
    But it's subject was "ISACA Live Webinar: Make the Most of Your Security Investments"
    :)
  • Options
    Sam2011Sam2011 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cncncn wrote: »
    Ahh, 5 minutes ago ( GMT+2 01:04 AM ), an email came from ISACA. I was almost dying from excitement.
    But it's subject was "ISACA Live Webinar: Make the Most of Your Security Investments"
    :)
    Exactly the same happened with me icon_cry.gif , oooh ISACA what are you doing? It is 2012, Isn't 8 weeks too long for even advanced calculations!! or there is other reasons for this? I want to know,,
  • Options
    w0rdw0rd Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Regardless of the outcome of the test, I won't be renewing my ISACA membership. No reason why it's taking this long to release the results. At least ISC2 has an excuse as they run tests every month. These guys do it twice a year on a Scantron. What's the issue here?
  • Options
    Awaiting resultsAwaiting results Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any news today? Has anyone received anything yet? The webinar email almost killed me... I ve never waited so badly for any results it seems.. atleast get us a date!
  • Options
    SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    Are you kidding me? The score report really takes that long? And I thought waiting for my CCIE results was bad (less than 1 hour)! I don't know how you guys do it but I wish you all the best. Cheers!!

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • Options
    SubnetZero wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? The score report really takes that long? And I thought waiting for my CCIE results was bad (less than 1 hour)! I don't know how you guys do it but I wish you all the best. Cheers!!

It seems today we are not receiving the results . I have just tempolarily shut my mind off it. Waiting is a pain.
  • Options
    Awaiting resultsAwaiting results Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lucky u!! I cannot shut my mind off this..
    Request to all of u.. Please post as soon as anyone receives result email! I ve never been so curious! Thanks!!
  • Options
    sfowler99sfowler99 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got an email response from ISACA (9:01 EST, 2/1/2012) after they sent me a link to the 2012 CISA Practice Question database.

Certification is anticipating releasing the results early next week.
    icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    WGFWGF Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received that same email and am now paranoid that they are sending to me because I didn't pass and they are encouraging me to get the extra questions. icon_cry.gif

Either way, I'm in agreement that I won't be renewing my ISACA membership. Clearly our membership fees are going towards and groundbreaking technology that allows for quicker exam results.
  • Options
    jb40jb40 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am just wondering why they would even send this if they know the results aren't out yet. Hopefully it was just a mass email.
  • Options
    sfowler99 wrote: »
    Just got an email response from ISACA (9:01 EST, 2/1/2012) after they sent me a link to the 2012 CISA Practice Question database.

Certification is anticipating releasing the results early next week.
    icon_twisted.gif

When I inquired, the lady, who sent me that email, said the following, "Certification is anticipating releasing the results by mid February."

Looks like they lost our results LOL :::automatic PASS::::
  • Options
    speedratspeedrat Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same here...received the "offer" email......If results are out mid-February, we will miss the early registration deadline.

Additional info:

Received this reply to my email

Thank you for your email. You received this email because you purchased the 2011 software. This offer does not indicate a Pass/Fail for the exam. It is merely an option to upgrade your CISM Practice Questions Database v11 Software. Certification is anticipating releasing the results early next week.
  • Options
    mjeffersonmjefferson Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1. That email regarding purchasing the question database upgrade simply went to everyone who purchased the 2011 questions CD. There's no way their systems are that integrated that it was targeted to people who did not pass. I had the same feeling, but we're being paranoid.

2. Regarding mid-February, they're probably just hedging. There's no downside for ISACA promising longer and delivering earlier. Eight weeks from the test date is Saturday, 2/4/12.

Given the expense of the test and that it's the IT Audit certification, it is totally ridiculous, and whoever at ISACA is and has been responsible for their exams should know that ISACA is miles behind other certification organizations.

I've taken CPA, CIA, and PMP. All are computer-based. There's only a delay for CPA results. However, the CPA is a professional license, and it has the added complication of being an exam administered by a national body with results reported through state boards. And, still after taking longer to report results last year after significant exam changes, they're back to reporting scores much faster than ISACA this year.
  • Options
    I agree - ISACA is simply doing the CYA.

Contractually, they said 6-8 weeks and it shouldn't be any longer than this Friday as Saturday 2/4/12 is a weekend day.
  • Options
    ananthaanantha Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As a Business Analyst, I couldn't keep quiet. I did a small analysis. It looks like they have a policy of releasing results at the week-end either to brighten or spoil the week-end. Following were the actual days of earlier result releases:

22/07/2008 - Thursday
    29/01/2010 - Friday
    13/08/2010 - Friday
    28/01/2011 - Friday

Based on above, our results could come on this Friday. I hope, I am wrong and we all get the results early.
  • Options
    youness001youness001 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just sent an email to ISACA and the answer is :

Thank you for your message. The exam results will be released either the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
  • Options
    blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    there is nice explanation given on why it takes 8 weeks ..... on CISA FAQ.

[h=4]2. Why does it take 8 weeks to process exam results?[/h]
  • Options
    forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    Food for thought: they took our membership fees and lavished themselves on a beach in New Zealand. Then the waiter woke them up to maxed-out credit cards. They went back to the office, and the scantron reader was broken, but they didn't have the funds to fix it. At last, they decided to grade all the exams by hand (potentially explained why they spam everyone for more $).

Technically they're still within their 8 weeks until this Friday. The lack of communication and progress, though, is extremely unprofessional and behind the times.

"“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”" - GB.
  • Options
    blackhole wrote: »
    there is nice explanation given on why it takes 8 weeks ..... on CISA FAQ.

2. Why does it take 8 weeks to process exam results?

Care to post their response here for those who are extremely lazy lol