File & Folder Permission's

hi
i would like to ask if somebody know of a good book or a link for detailed explanation for File and Folder permissions, im studying the 70-640 with MS Press now, and i just don't understand whats flying!!!!

thanks a lot

Comments

• PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Do you have a copy of the MS Press 70-642 book? Chapter 11 has a more in depth chapter on file permissions. I also found the information on DNS and zones were more in depth in the 70-642 second edition training kit.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    Also check TechNet, lot's of good and free info out there!

Managing Permissions

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    solnsusie wrote: »
    hi
    i would like to ask if somebody know of a good book or a link for detailed explanation for File and Folder permissions, im studying the 70-640 with MS Press now, and i just don't understand whats flying!!!!

thanks a lot

+1 for technet. One of the best ways to learn permissions is to see them in action. Create a lab, with groups and users and play with different scenarios. Observe what happens when you apply explicit permissions, share, etc.
  • greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with Pishof, I also recommend MS Press 70-642 and also suggest to try different scenario with labs
    Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

• solnsusiesolnsusie Member Posts: 128
    thank you all, ill check out all of this,