Options

Just finished CISA exam

Comments

• Options
    JimmyHanJimmyHan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hopefully will get something tonight.. I don wanna wait all through weekend! 8 weeks up for tomorrow!! can they exceed 8 weeks timeframe?

Yeah, hopefully tonight is out. Either it will ruin or brighten my weekend. lol. From the past history, it is possible to exceed 8 weeks. I hope not this time.
  • Options
    subisubi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    oh GOD! this excruciating wait is just making me kill time.... atleast they can announce a date by now!!!
  • Options
    Awaiting resultsAwaiting results Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lol.. Its so funny how all of us are online all the time.., waiting and killing time!
  • Options
    tomo_2219tomo_2219 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    since I applied for the exam, it's been almost or more than (?) 6 months!icon_cry.gif
    too long..............
  • Options
    cncncncncncn Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think today is the day and the results may be released in 12 hours.
    Wish everyone good luck
  • Options
    Awaiting resultsAwaiting results Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wish everyone the best!!!! :)
  • Options
    Edwin.MshangaEdwin.Mshanga Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My fellow last December CISA exam sitters ...lets go for a weekend. The exams will be released next week. I dont see ISACA releasing results on a Saturday.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My fellow last December CISA exam sitters ...lets go for a weekend. The exams will be released next week. I dont see ISACA releasing results on a Saturday.

Still have all day here (Friday) in the USA!

Good luck to those waiting on results.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    noauditplznoauditplz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got a response from a ISACA rep this morning. see below. Results should be out today or mondays

The results will hopefully be released today or Monday. Thank you.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.
    Kimberly Eyerly
    ISACA/ITGI

Certification Coordinator
    Phone/ [URL="tel:%2B1.847.660.5593"]+1.847.660.5593[/URL] Fax/ [URL="tel:%2B1.847.253.1755"]+1.847.253.1755[/URL]
  • Options
    subisubi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so they are still working on the Result...... NO guys......can't be out today anymore!
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    lol... Everyone spam him with calls XD!!!

just give us our grades already DX!!!!
  • Options
    mjeffersonmjefferson Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ISACA is in Chicago, right? That's central standard time. I bet if they send them out today, it will be 5 pm, which would be 2300 GMT.

I don't know how sending mass emails out with differing messages (elements: 1. pass/fail 2. score) works, but it might take awhile to prepare. So it's very possible they have results but are just arranging/configuring them to send to exam takers.

Regarding the various earlier messages about us being impatient about the results:

1. Two exams with the most overlap with CISA: CISSP and CIA. I haven't take the CISSP. The CIA is similarly given all over the world, yet has been converted to a computer test and is available year-round with immediate results in all sorts of locales like Uzbekistan and the Palestinian territories. Given through Pearson testing centers and its worldwide affiliates. There's 4 parts @ $200/each, so your aggregate expenditure is greater, but each computerized testing instance costs less than half the CISA.

2. Yes, obsessing about results is a waste of time. But caring about results is what has kept me motivated to acquire certifications at a much faster rate than other people at my stage of career, which has also helped me advance more quickly. Also, the early exam deadline for the next CISA (June 2012) is early next week, so we need to know to register early and save some cash.
  • Options
    speedratspeedrat Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @mjefferson I agree wholeheartedly with your 2 points. I have a number of other certs and have experienced testing at Pearson testing and it is my absolute favorite way to test. Effective, relies on my ability to follow direction and immediate results. The CISSP testing experience is very similar to the CISA.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    mjefferson wrote: »
    ISACA is in Chicago, right? That's central standard time. I bet if they send them out today, it will be 5 pm, which would be 2300 GMT.
    I'm guessing they'll be closing the office early today because a lot of the ISACA people will be driving next door to Indiana for the Superbowl LXVI weekend. It's a good thing sending "email blasts" is an automated, database-driven process.
  • Options
    ananthaanantha Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am baffled. What are they doing? It is almost 2.00pm EST. So frustrating. I want to get over with this to pursue other things.
  • Options
    I think, if the results are to be announced today, now a maximum of 5-5.5 hours left .
    If not, we'll wait till monday..
    Perhaps the better option for a peaceful weekend :D
  • Options
    ananthaanantha Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I'm guessing they'll be closing the office early today because a lot of the ISACA people will be driving next door to Indiana for the Superbowl LXVI weekend. It's a good thing sending "email blasts" is an automated, database-driven process.

How can they happily watch Superbowl, putting thousands of students into agony? So cruel and inefficient!
  • Options
    ojamattojamatt Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys,

Just got the email for CISM (passed, not a surprise given like 80+ pass percentage).
    All the best to everyone else!
  • Options
    sarge3sarge3 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Results are out. Passed CISM as well
  • Options
    prestypresty Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. In that case I believe CISA will be declared today as well.
  • Options
    ak1153ak1153 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great to hear on peeps who got CISM results.

Come onnnnnnnnnnn CISA - lets see a PASS guysicon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    ojamattojamatt Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    More details:

I took exam in the US
    Results came from "exam@isaca.org", so add this as trusted to your SPAM filters
    Email subject - CISM Exam Result Notification
    Results came in at about 8:03pm GMT (12:03 noon California time), Friday Feb 3rd.
    My scores between 610 and 700 in all sub-categories, and total of mid-600 (minimum required is 450)

All the best!
  • Options
    mowbr4mowbr4 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Still nothing for CISA...

Do CISM and CISA results usually get released the same day?

congrats to all who passed!
  • Options
    prestypresty Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I dont know of the historical dates, but the ISACA website says for both CISA and CISM that "The exam results will be released approximately eight (icon_cool.gif weeks from the date of the exam". So my guess is YES.
  • Options
    Yup. I just had the certification department of ISACA just email me and say results for ALL exams will go out today. GL everyone!
  • Options
    ^ +1. Just called the local Chicago office and they said CISA results going out as we speak..........

Hail mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Oh..come on CISA. I do not want 600 points. 450 is enough :)
    I don't wanna wait 6 more months and spend 400$ more.
    What an excitement..
  • Options
    blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PASS !!!!!! Got Email CISA
  • Options
    blackhole wrote: »
    PASS !!!!!! Got Email CISA

Congrats bro ... CISA right?
  • Options
    Passsedd cisa!!!!!!!! 555