Blocking Caller ID for one user in CUCM

waruwaru Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
What is the best way to block a user sending their caller Id when they make calls to the pstn?

I'm looking at Calling Transformation Patterns but it doesnt seem to work. Im unsure which partition the Transformation pattern should be placed in. If I place it in the same partition as the users Directory number I get a duplicate error. Im also not sure if I should enter the users internal directory number or their external phone mask in the transformation pattern.

Has anyone done this before and can clarify?

Cheers!
waru

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    you can do it directly on the line in phone number mask. Keep in mind if you are using H323 and there are translations on the gateway those will override what you are sending.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    Depends.. you can do it on the line configuration for the user. However in agreeing with shodown - if SIP gateway is set with a CLID then it will be overwritten. However... if you're CCM is just trunked back to a gateway they'll be transparent and just let you pass your CLID - the override usually happens with ua registration to a gateway directly or if the SS7 switch on the other side has caller-id pass-through setup .. not sure on the configuration or who you're using.
  • waruwaru Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your replies guys. do you mean leave the external phone mask empty? I think this will result in the clid being set to the first/default number in the DDI range by the telco but I will check. The calling transformation pattern allows you to set the calling id to restricted which should result in the call appearing as blocked.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    no you put the caller ID into the mask that you want to show. If you leave it blank it will default to whatever you have on the Route List Details or gateway or transformation mask or any other sorts of places where you can manipulate caller ID.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • waruwaru Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I cant put any caller id into the mask as I dont want to show any and want it to appear blocked. I found the best way to do this looks to be by using a separate CSS for any users who wish to restrict their caller id and then copying the partitions from the unrestricted CSS and adding an extra partition that contains translation patterns which match the route patterns but restrict the caller id.