Options

Study material for CCDP.

SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
So I'm gonna try and shoot for the CCDP in the next few months. I was wondering what study material I could use.

I've got the 642-874 book on order, and I've got the Top Down Network Design book on eBook in Kindle. I haven't been through the whole top-down network design book just chapters here and there as needed. Both other then two books what else could I use? Any recommended videos, or other books that are worth a look at?
My Networking blog
Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS

Comments

• Options
    SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    So ARCH and Top Down Network Design are both good for the CCDP. You could also mix in a few others as well:

IPv6, Second Edition: Theory, Protocol, and Practice
    NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
    MPLS Fundamentals

Also the CCDP videos from INE are good as well

CCDP Course - 642-873 ARCH

Happy Studying

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    So I'm gonna try and shoot for the CCDP in the next few months. I was wondering what study material I could use.

I've got the 642-874 book on order, and I've got the Top Down Network Design book on eBook in Kindle. I haven't been through the whole top-down network design book just chapters here and there as needed. Both other then two books what else could I use? Any recommended videos, or other books that are worth a look at?

The ARCH 642-874 book is all I've bought for it, but whether that's enough or not I'm not sure yet.

I'd also recommend the Cisco design zone where there are blueprint "pre-approved" designs called "Smart Business Architecture" from Cisco for SMB's etc (Design Zone for Smart Business Architecture - Cisco Systems) and full blown design guides for specific products. This wont cost you a penny!

Borderless Networks - Design Zone for Borderless Networks - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I've have to pick the IPv6 and Nexus book, since I've never played with a Nexus before. I've got an IPv6 Circuit or two at work to mess around with it icon_smile.gif

The design zone is pretty cool I stumbled upon that while I was sudying for my CCDA. It's a nice resource a place I've got on the top of my bookmarks.

Thanks for the input guys. My ARCH book should be getting here today, along with Network Security Architectures!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS