Core hardware

y-yorny-yorn Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys

almost making my final preparation for my core Hardware. How e'r i still feel there are certain "clean-up" i should do so as avoid any predicarments ever.
To that fact, i 'm requesting for any special download from anyone of U concerning most Critical topics you may not want to over look prior to exam
topics: (Installation, configuration & Upgrading
(Diagonising & Troubleshooting)
TIP 1 when studying alone in a quite place, make sure that U sometimes read certain Critical Topics aloud in Order to boost your Understanding.
2 Imagine the exam was non Multiple choice in order improve on Understanding rather than only memorising...

Comments

• ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You won't find any website that's good to prepare for the A+ Core Hardware exam, emphasising only on the practical side of Hardware.It's always a mixture covering a general overall of the exam objectives and one website won't cover all the objectives in full detail either. Even several websites don't cover every single detail!

If you're looking for good websites to use, I suggest you start with the technotes(if you have not already done so) and do the tests on this site and afterwards, have a look at each link listed on the core hardware web page like the online tests beginning from the mcmcse site go down.

The offline ones you can try too but you have to first download it and they give you a couple of questions because it's the demo version.It's worth downloading to look at the questions. some are quite good.

Doing this would give you an idea of the level of knowledge you need to know.

However, the preparation is not complete without you constantly referring back to the textbook and exam objectives to see what other details you need to know.

Hope this helps!

And good luck in your studies and exam!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    y-yorn

Welcome to the site!

I don't understand what your question is, sorry.

For information you will need to know to prepare for the A+ exam. Please visit CompTIA's site to obtain a copy of the Objectives.

Also visit the TechNotes (see my sig) and you may try the practice tests here to get a feel for the type of information you may need to know or how to communicate what you know.

HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • y-yorny-yorn Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your response.

Guest what, i hav been visiting some of these sites you mentioned.

I think my problem is" Anxiety" if you like. Its like i hav this desire of laying my hands on any infor out there to make me pass.

thanks though!!!!!
    y-yorn wrote:
    I think my problem is" Anxiety" if you like. Its like i hav this desire of laying my hands on any infor out there to make me pass.

Not uncommon. Many people collect the information, the trick is knowing how to use it all ;)

If you have anything you need help with post in the forums, we've great members here who can answer your questions if they are able...bound to be two or three :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    technotes, I think they change name to techexams.net

or i might be worng...any ideas icon_confused.gif:

You won't find any website that's good to prepare for the A+ Core Hardware exam, emphasising only on the practical side of Hardware.It's always a mixture covering a general overall of the exam objectives and one website won't cover all the objectives in full detail either. Even several websites don't cover every single detail!

If you're looking for good websites to use, I suggest you start with the technotes(if you have not already done so) and do the tests on this site and afterwards, have a look at each link listed on the core hardware web page like the online tests beginning from the mcmcse site go down.

The offline ones you can try too but you have to first download it and they give you a couple of questions because it's the demo version.It's worth downloading to look at the questions. some are quite good.

However, the preparation is not complete without you constantly referring back to the textbook and exam objectives to see what other details you need to know.

Hope this helps!

working on CCNA
    sys_teck wrote:

I think I recall the history of it being "TechNotes" at one time, but I'm not 100%

However, today, TechNotes are still a tool available HERE on this site to assist with exam preparation.
    Plantwiz
    _____

unfortunately technotes site is under construction icon_confused.gif
    gotta look for another sources..
    :)

Hope this helps!

working on CCNA
    Plantwiz wrote:
    sys_teck wrote:

I think I recall the history of it being "TechNotes" at one time, but I'm not 100%

However, today, TechNotes are still a tool available HERE on this site to assist with exam preparation.

Actually good source for practice test...
    have you heard of cramsession web site, where you can also take practice tests on different certification? if, yes, your opinion...about it..

TIA

icon_confused.gif:
    working on CCNA
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    No, TechExams.net was never known as or registered as technotes.net. Although we were the first to introduce 'TechNotes' as being study material for IT cert exams, the term Tech Note is used by other tech sites as well, including Cisco.

Cramsession is a good site, and the free cram guides are worth registering and reading. Here are some other sites with free practice exams and study notes: www.techexams.net/colinks.shtml
    One of my old books had a disc with sample stuff of theirs - I didn't like it. So, no I don't use them and couldn't compare how they are to others.

I stick with MS Press, Meyers, Sybex as well as other industry written books (Mueller, old Corolis (out of print), industry white papers, etc..)
    Plantwiz
    _____

Webmaster wrote:
    No, TechExams.net was never known as or registered as technotes.net.

THANK you for clarifying. I knew the TechNotes were the first in the market. Figures someone wants to capitalize on your work icon_confused.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    There are too many people who make money just with registering domains names and pointing them to those annoying 'search' pages filled with sponsored links. I.e. www . techexams . com is a good example. Although I wanted techexams.net, it would be nice to have the .com as well. I made numerous offers in the past, and now they also have cert ads... Another one of those things that makes the Internet a mess. I guess 'TechNotes' became kinda a trademark for us, but the term itself isn't that original so anyone is free to use it.
    Webmaster wrote:
    No, TechExams.net was never known as or registered as technotes.net. Although we were the first to introduce 'TechNotes' as being study material for IT cert exams, the term Tech Note is used by other tech sites as well, including Cisco.

Cramsession is a good site, and the free cram guides are worth registering and reading. Here are some other sites with free practice exams and study notes: www.techexams.net/colinks.shtml

Thank you for making matter clear...icon_wink.gif

ok one more quesstion...regardding "A+ cert All-in-one guide" Mike Meyers. I have 4 th edition. From what I saw (mostly from people reviews) is 5 th edition is different. how is 5 th edition different. Any one have 5 th edition? What is opinion about it..?

TIA
    working on CCNA
    I've a first edition. icon_wink.gif

What I do know is that the 5th edition is using the current A+ Objectives. 4th will be using the previous objective topics.
    Plantwiz
    _____

hi, do you know that price for A+ certification went up now its $153.00 for one exam?

Plantwiz wrote:
    y-yorn

Welcome to the site!

I don't understand what your question is, sorry.

For information you will need to know to prepare for the A+ exam. Please visit CompTIA's site to obtain a copy of the Objectives.

Also visit the TechNotes (see my sig) and you may try the practice tests here to get a feel for the type of information you may need to know or how to communicate what you know.

HTH
    working on CCNA
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    WOW - really.......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE