Ccnp lab

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I will be moving house in about a month, to a nice house with a lovely weather proof shed, Little does my wife relies I have plans to fill it with Cisco gear :)

I left most of my old lab at my last company when I left (they told me I could not take the 3750's I was borrowing icon_sad.gif ), and now only have the following left..

2905 terminal server
3640 router.
sad hey :)

My current company has about 20 racks full of equipment for lab work so it has not been to bad for the last year, but now I have the opertunity and space I would like to have my own back again.

I was just wondering, apart from that site where you bid on things ;), where else do people get there Cisco gear from? (UK here), when I looked up a couple of 3550 or 3560's its the best part of £1000.

Routers are not so back and are always cheap to pick up, but switches are a bit ouch still!!

cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Also can any one suggest a network controlled PSU? that come in at a reasonable price?

IE so I can turn lab on and off remotely/
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    3550 are dropping in price, a 100 pounds for one on the continent on Ebay is not impossible to find. The only down side is that most of these companies charge vat on the used switches they sell.
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    you have to be patient and watch the private auctions, got a 3550 for 80 € last week, yesterday i slighty missed a 3560 which was finaly sold for 280€ which is still a very nice price.

if you are not in a hurry you can do some good deals. maybe extend your ebay search to the euro zone - you might benefit a little from the exchange rates and shipping between the uk and the continent isnt that expensive anymore.
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    waragi wrote: »
    3550 are dropping in price, a 100 pounds for one on the continent on Ebay is not impossible to find.

Wow, switches must be really hard to lift over in the UK. Here in the states a 3550 only weighs around 5 pounds.
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    lol icon_cool.gif
    And then, I started a blog ...