Passed C|EHv7 -- no email or cert??

lucasrjlucasrj Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello folks! Passed my Ethical Hacker test last week from a PearsonVUE test center. I haven't received any emails from the ECCouncil at this time.

My question to those who have passed this exam: When did you hear back from the ECCouncil (email, or snail mail?).

I tried to register on ECCouncil's website (https://portal.eccouncil.org/forum/register.asp?FID=0), but I cannot because I do not have a registration number from ECCouncil.

I'm curious to know what other people have experienced.

Thanks!

-Robert

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey! Congrats!

It took about 4 weeks to get any sense of communication from them (aka the actual delivery of my cert). In the meantime, I did not receive any emails or confirmations of my pass other than the final screen at the testing center. The registration number you need is actually going to found on a tan sheet of paper bundled in a folder with your cert once you receive it. A great contact email is certmanager@eccouncil.org.

Secondary note: Once you're registered, test to see if you can access delta portal. If it loops back to the front page after what should be a successful login then you need to contact the delta admin (there should be a button on the left) and he will fully "awaken" your account.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    EC-Council is a little slow in responding with the congratulations letters and certification kits. I believe my experience was similar to rogue2shadow, around 4 weeks after passing I received my certification in the mail.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • lucasrjlucasrj Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Shadow and Down for your responses. I suppose this is their standard operating procedure when it comes to the exams and exam takers. I don't think it would be too hard for them (ECCouncil) to send some kind of congratulatory email... or something....

Thanks again, and I'll be standing by for the letter to arrive in the mail.
  • lucasrjlucasrj Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ECCouncil FINALLY sent me an email with my credentials today.. along with a tracking number for my certification...
  • drumrolfedrumrolfe Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took my test on the 16th of December and got the email yesterday....
  • listerlister Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lucasrj wrote: »
    Hello folks! Passed my Ethical Hacker test last week from a PearsonVUE test center. I haven't received any emails from the ECCouncil at this time.

My question to those who have passed this exam: When did you hear back from the ECCouncil (email, or snail mail?).

I tried to register on ECCouncil's website (https://portal.eccouncil.org/forum/register.asp?FID=0), but I cannot because I do not have a registration number from ECCouncil.

I'm curious to know what other people have experienced.

Thanks!

-Robert

Was it as easy/ difficult as you thought it would be?
  • shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Honestly I found the CEH much easier than the CompTIA tests I have taken. If you can acquire the All in one tests one site I remember in particular was AIO Test king which I remember seeing several of those questions on the test whereas the CompTIA tests were not like that at all.
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    I'm pretty sure test king is a cert **** service. Of course the test is going to be easy if you studied that. But its companies like this that destory the credibility of these certs for those of us that actual took legitmate courses and learned the content as opposed to the questions. However...my rant aside...I have heard that EC-Council's questions don't try to trip you up like CompTIA does. CompTIA tends to have multiple answers that seem like they could be correct and you have to pick the "most right" option. It is my understanding that ECC does not do this. I'll know soon enough. I took the official iLearn course and am going to be taking my test on March 15th (two days left to study). Wish me luck :D