easiest microsoft test question...

jdstonejdstone Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have my a+, network+, security+, and i'm going for my ccna within 2 weeks...my question is what would be the easiest microsoft test that i could study for and pass(relatively quickly), so that i can put mcp on my resume simply as a resume enhancer. i'd like the cert to count towards mcsa/mcse, so which out of the ones i have to take does everyone consider to be the easiest of them all?

thanks for you help in advance.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would say it depends on what you know. If you are familiar with 2000, go for 70-210, which is pretty basic stuff. If you know XP better, go for 70-270, or 70-271/2.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ditto!

It pays to test in the area you work with.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Only test for things you know or want to work with otherwise you are wasting employers time and your time.

Resume enhancers come in the form of qualifications backed up by experience, no one cares if your MCP but have no experience. Stick with what you know
  • Crucio666Crucio666 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    strauchr wrote:
    Only test for things you know or want to work with otherwise you are wasting employers time and your time.

Resume enhancers come in the form of qualifications backed up by experience, no one cares if your MCP but have no experience. Stick with what you know

that's not true at all. i say take the 271/272, i find those easier than the 270. MCP on your resume does make it look nice and you get a pretty logo + microsoft card + cert.
  • milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    You have Security+ so you are smart to take one of the exams that count twards MCSA. I would not go for the Win2K exams simply because it is nearly 2006 and the next windows release is right around the corner.

So you are really looking at one of the exams for either
    MCSA 2K3 or MCSE 2K3

70–270 will count twards MCP, MCSA, and MCSE but I don't believe 271/272 will.

So I vote that 70–270 is really your best option.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    milliamp wrote:
    70–270 will count twards MCP, MCSA, and MCSE but I don't believe 271/272 will.
    Passing any current Microsoft exam, including 70-271 and 70-272, will earn you an MCP. Only 70-270 will count towards the MCSA/MCSE 2K3.
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Passing any current Microsoft exam, including 70-271 and 70-272, will earn you an MCP. Only 70-270 will count towards the MCSA/MCSE 2K3

the combination of 70-271 and 70-272 which earn you MCDST also count as elective towards the MCSA2k3
    Knowledge is life
  • milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    the combination of 70-271 and 70-272 which earn you MCDST also count as elective towards the MCSA2k3

He already met the elective requirement with A+/Net+ or Security+. Also, MCDST does not count as an elective for MCSE and Security+ does.

I still say 70–270
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I agree, unless you actually want the MCDST I wouldn't take an MCDST exam to become MCP. 70-270 is the best choice, but 70-210 is certainly the most easiest.
  • HavocHavoc Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you already have A+ and Net + you can use those with with 70-210 or 70-270 to start on the MCSA/MCSE cert track

note: that if you decide to try 70-270 have a good knowledge of how GPO's work. :)
    -True skill comes without effort -