TSHOOT passed now CCNP

borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all, been awhile since I have posted here. I finally got off my duff and passed the TSHOOT today. It took a second try to get it done and I could kick myself for not buckling down and reviewing the topology more before my first attempt.

Here's what I used in studying to help others out:

Cisco TSHOOT guide
Boson Ex-Sim-Max for TSHOOT
Cisco TSHOOT topology (I studied this vigorously until I could draw the topology out from memory before my second attempt)
GNS3 (used it for studying the topology, also very helpful in prepping me for the test)

The Boson sim was very helpful in getting me to streamline my trouble-shooting steps and learning when I missed things, as they give explanations for what was wrong and how you could find the problem.

Biggest advice I can give is to really nail down the topology, lab it up in GNS3, get it into memory so that you know the details of the configuration- it will save you a lot of time in the test.

I should now be a CCNP, from Cisco's site:
"In accordance with our policy, we will continue to accept passing scores on retired exams until their expiration date—three years from the date the exam was taken."

My BCMSN test was set to expire soon, so I was cutting it short but nailed it. :)

Comments

• wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Congrats!!!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on the NP!! Any new certifications on deck?
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    Congrats mate! What's next? CCIE? ;)
    Cheers!

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats son! well done mate
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • moon_itomoon_ito Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    I wanna just ask u a question about TSHOOT ,i failed in this exam 2 times before,could u plz tell me if the commands :show run,sh int..sh ip bgp are noted cuz i'd 447/1000 even i was sure for my answers and i compared my answers with a friend d successed in the same exam.
    Waiting for ur help ASAP cuz i'll re-pass the exam in 1 week.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Congrats dude! Whats next?
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats my man. The world wants the know what's the next step:)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I'm studying now for the BGP test (to work on CCIP track next) and should get in the Cisco book in the next day or so. For now I'm just using an old Thompson lab manual and reviewing the BGP labs that it contains.
    Congratulations!
    I wanna just ask u a question about TSHOOT ,i failed in this exam 2 times before,could u plz tell me if the commands :show run,sh int..sh ip bgp are noted cuz i'd 447/1000 even i was sure for my answers and i compared my answers with a friend d successed in the same exam.
    Waiting for ur help ASAP cuz i'll re-pass the exam in 1 week.

I'm sorry you had such trouble on the test and wish you luck on your next try, my best advice is for you to review the topology of the exam until you can draw it from memory, including the IP's. Before you begin the exam **** the topology onto the dry erase board for quick reference, make sure you know the commands for the routing protocols covered on the test and having an idea of how the routing tables on each hop should look is helpful (setting up a GNS3 instance can help you with that). I can't give away specifics but ensure you trouble-shoot each issue in an orderly format whether you choose to use top-down, bottom-up, or others (I prefer the bottom-up method myself, first verifying physical connectivity is established then moving on from there).

I'll admit, when on the last question I had thoughts of "I really think I've aced this exam" before completing it and found that I didn't do nearly as good as I had thought, but I did pass it with more than the minimum score. Again best of luck to those of you studying for this test.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    So you decided on the BGP exam first? I decided to start with the MPLS exam on my way to the CCIP.
    I'm sure I'll see you here on the forums.

Good Luck.