Another Passer Here

hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
Guys, I just passed my Project+ exam with a score of 760! icon_cheers.gif I was very nervous when I was waiting to see the score after completing the survey. Apparently, I had to take it as part of my requirement at WGU. I have been at it for about a month and half studying on and off. I had a hard start since the subject was so dried and irrelevant to what I wanted to do in my future career. True story. I had to read at the gym while walking on the treadmill. This was the only way I can stay focus and motivated. This is a win-win conflict-resolution technique! (only a few of you would get this icon_lol.gif). Most people listen to their iPods on the treadmill, but I apparently can't do the same thing. In my case, the book replaces the iPod. At least I get to stay in shape while studying. You should give this method a shot if you are having trouble too.

After finishing reading the book cover-to-cover, I realized I have forgotten half of what I read over two-week period. The official Sybex study guide with CD was my only learning resource. So, I spent another week reviewing each chapter by typing up notes. For each chapter, I defined all Key Terms at the end of the chapter then I took the quiz to see where I was missing. After completing the quiz, I took notes of what I clearly didn't remember from my reading, and the answers to the quiz questions serves as a refresher. I also used the Exam Essentials as a guide to take note of what I needed and expanded into details. I repeated those steps for each chapter. At first, the notetaking was fun until you realize ran out of time or the details become redundant and overlapped. Remember to follow the CompTIA objectives. Domain 2, 3, and 4 are weighed more than 1, and 5.

Comments

• SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    Congrats man that's awesome! When I was studying for the CCIE I used to listen to my ipod on the treadmill, however I was listening to CCIE Audio on Demand series!!!

Congrats again mate!

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice job! I really liked this certification! I ended up doing the 2003 objectives.
  • tr1xtr1x Member Posts: 213
    Guys, I just passed my Project+ exam with a score of 760! icon_cheers.gif I was very nervous when I was waiting to see the score after completing the survey. Apparently, I had to take it as part of my requirement at WGU. I have been at it for about a month and half studying on and off. I had a hard start since the subject was so dried and irrelevant to what I wanted to do in my future career. True story. I had to read at the gym while walking on the treadmill. This was the only way I can stay focus and motivated. This is a win-win conflict-resolution technique! (only a few of you would get this icon_lol.gif). Most people listen to their iPods on the treadmill, but I apparently can't do the same thing. In my case, the book replaces the iPod. At least I get to stay in shape while studying. You should give this method a shot if you are having trouble too.

After finishing reading the book cover-to-cover, I realized I have forgotten half of what I read over two-week period. The official Sybex study guide with CD was my only learning resource. So, I spent another week reviewing each chapter by typing up notes. For each chapter, I defined all Key Terms at the end of the chapter then I took the quiz to see where I was missing. After completing the quiz, I took notes of what I clearly didn't remember from my reading, and the answers to the quiz questions serves as a refresher. I also used the Exam Essentials as a guide to take note of what I needed and expanded into details. I repeated those steps for each chapter. At first, the notetaking was fun until you realize ran out of time or the details become redundant and overlapped. Remember to follow the CompTIA objectives. Domain 2, 3, and 4 are weighed more than 1, and 5.

Any other advice or notes you want to share? I have to take the test tomorrow. I've read the Sybex book and am going to study ucertify all night tonight.
    tr1x wrote: »
    Any other advice or notes you want to share? I have to take the test tomorrow. I've read the Sybex book and am going to study ucertify all night tonight.

Good luck! Bring us back a winner!
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    tr1x wrote: »

I already divulged all my tips. You might want to take advantage of the practice exams that comes with the official study guide. Also the flashcards are helpful, but I didn't get a chance to go through them all. I only went through all chapter-ending practice quizzes, the 50 questions assessment exam, and 1 bonus exam. Although there is another bonus exam, which I didn't have time to take since I was running out of time.

I think you should just stick with the official resources to avoid any possible confusion and be comfortable with the wording style. Like I said, review all key terms from each chapter, and be able to remember all the critical components discussed in the Exam Essentials located at the end of each chapter. All the above advice should be sufficient enough to have you prepared for the exam.
  • tr1xtr1x Member Posts: 213
    I already divulged all my tips. You might want to take advantage of the practice exams that comes with the official study guide. Also the flashcards are helpful, but I didn't get a chance to go through them all. I only went through all chapter-ending practice quizzes, the 50 questions assessment exam, and 1 bonus exam. Although there is another bonus exam, which I didn't have time to take since I was running out of time.

I think you should just stick with the official resources to avoid any possible confusion and be comfortable with the wording style. Like I said, review all key terms from each chapter, and be able to remember all the critical components discussed in the Exam Essentials located at the end of each chapter. All the above advice should be sufficient enough to have you prepared for the exam.

Thanks man, I'm going to memorize those exam essentials at the end of the chapters.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD