Passed 73-640. Also, Prometric horror story

I passed 73-640 today, and after the results page, the computer seemed to hang on loading the exit/finalize session. So I went out to the proctor, and saw a mob of people trying to sign in for exams. They were apparently having issues with prometric at this site. I never did get a satisfactory explanation of what happened - something with the admin password for this site being reset. All I know is it didn't print a score sheet, and there some others having the same issue.

Anyway, I waited for an hour and a half after finishing, but the proctor never was able to produce a score sheet, or give me anything that verified my result. She insisted that her administrative screen that it registered as a pass, but wouldn't let me actually see for myself.

I'm a bit nervous - I'm going to be pretty mad if I have to retake this because the results didn't register for some reason. Has anyone experienced anything like this with Prometric?
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• zenhoundzenhound Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just took the a+ yesterday at a really ghetto prometric site and the same thing happened (not the mob of people, the exit screen problem). Eventually he was able to get me a print out, thankfully, or I would've been freaked. But based on my experience, you're probably safe.
  • forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    jmritenour wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced anything like this with Prometric?

Yeah I have. In my case the proctor also didn't show me the computer screen, but she gave me a verification code and a number to call. I did, and the guys at Prometric sent me the exam results by email, and a snail mail a week later.

Prometric is imperfect, but it's still acceptable.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing! I'm sure you are safe on this.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Agree. Don't worry too much. Congrats!
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Yup that's Prometric. I have taken 4 CompTIA exams at Prometric and twice I had to come back another day to test because of technical issues. 3 out of 4 times, they couldn't print a score report without calling in to their tech support. 1 of those times, they couldn't print it at all. Unfortunately, the closest Vue testing center to me is an hour away one way.
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Well, to follow up, I called the testing center, and they said they've already closed out yesterday's sessions, and there's nothing they can do, and directed me to prometric test taker care. Pretty much what I figured, but I thought I'd take a stab at them first.

Prometric was semi-helpful. They said they can email me a copy of my results, but it will take 7-10 business days. I guess they're going to chisel it into stone, then scan it?

Anyway, test still says "pending" on the site. This isn't entirely unusual, I've seen it stay pending for 2-3 days afterward, especially when I take the exam on a weekend.

Ah well, nothing I can do about it right now, and I've got the VCP-510 coming up in a couple of weeks to focus on. Thank you, VMWare, for being exclusive to Pearson.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • billygoat2012billygoat2012 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had it happen to me that the result sheet wasnt printed but gave me a number for the main office called them and they got sent to me took about 7-10 to get it by post
    As of this morning, it's registered as a pass on my candidate history on Prometric's site. So that's a load off my mind. Now, if I can just get the score sheet to submit to WGU.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    Congrats on the pass dude. It took them 30 mins to print off my pass sheet yesterday and that was with technical issues.
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • MrNetTekMrNetTek Member Posts: 100 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed 73-640 today, and after the results page, the computer seemed to hang on loading the exit/finalize session. So
    I went out to the proctor, and saw a mob of people trying to sign in for exams. They were apparently having issues with prometric at this site. I never did get a satisfactory explanation of what happened - something with the admin password for this site being reset. All I know is it didn't print a score sheet, and there some others having the same issue.

Anyway, I waited for an hour and a half after finishing, but the proctor never was able to produce a score sheet, or give me anything that verified my result. She insisted that her administrative screen that it registered as a pass, but wouldn't let me actually see for myself.

I'm a bit nervous - I'm going to be pretty mad if I have to retake this because the results didn't register for some reason. Has anyone experienced anything like this with Prometric?

My experience with Prometric is I had to wait an hour and 45 minutes to take my Windows 7 exam. They couldn't get the servers to come online.

Eddie Jackson (aka MrNetTek)
    Eddie Jackson - Professional Profile
  • buzzkillbuzzkill Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Prometric really are shite. I bet a frighteningly high percentage of people who have taken multiple tests have an anecdote or two about some issue with the whole test taking process.
  • Amir21Amir21 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First congrats on the pass. I had a horror story happen to me with I took the CCNA composite at a Vue site. I ended up failing because for some reason during the access list section the computer would take for ever to delete a single typo and for some reason the exam clock had no problem counting down just fine. So I didn't even get to the end of the exam. Strangest thing ever. I ended going to a Prometric site and had no problems and passed too.
    Ah yeah, to follow up, I did get a copy of my score sheet emailed to me by the end of the week I took the test. So, no major complaints with Prometric after the test, and decent customer service. Hopefully the last 3 exams on the EA track don't give me much trouble.
  • mmcwhirkmmcwhirk Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ah yeah, to follow up, I did get a copy of my score sheet emailed to me by the end of the week I took the test. So, no major complaints with Prometric after the test, and decent customer service. Hopefully the last 3 exams on the EA track don't give me much trouble.

This same thing just happened to me today. This was the 3rd time taking 70-640, and I passed with over a 900 this time (Thanks to MS Training Kit 70-640 R2 edition), but after my test was complete and the results screen came up, it just hung on Please Wait....after 15 minutes or so, the moderator came in, rebooted the computer, and then nothing.

My results show as Pending on the Prometric site, and they said they will address it in 24-48 hours, but the waiting is killing me, especially since this was my 3rd time!

It eases my mind a little that this has happened in the past, and been resolved....wishing the same thing happens for me too!

Wish me luck...I do not want to have to take this exam again, as it has been the bain of my existence for the last 4 months!!!
  • CrikeyCrikey Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the 640 twice (passed the second), both times the system hung after I answered the last question and the proctor had to reset. Deja vu.