70-680 Passed

HathawayHathaway Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I passed my 70-680 today. After taking a few weeks off from studying I felt spontaneous and went ahead and scheduled the test today and took it. Just barely passed, but I guess that is all that matters. I initially started studying for the test about a year ago, starting with reading the first few chapters of the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Microsoft Windows 7. I went along with the labs and did that. After that I pretty much took a break from it for about a year.

I came back and read the exam cram book, and did all the questions that came with it. Then I read some of the Poulton book but mostly focused on the chapter questions. I did a lot of test simulations from the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Microsoft Windows 7 which I found to be quite helpful.

Aside from that I work with Windows 7 regularly. I also have a lab environment at home and work where I did a lot of Deployment and configuration setups.

I found the test to be pretty difficult, and wished I would have taken it about 3 weeks ago when things were a little more fresh. Just glad to moving on to the next thing, as I need to renew my CCNA before Jan.

Comments

• NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Congrats!!icon_cheers.gif
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • GeronimoGeronimo Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Was it easier or harder than getting your CCNA?

Congrats by the way!
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • RPGChaiRPGChai Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Did you end up taking the old version of the test (~50 questions), or the new version that I see people talking about all over the web (~85 questions with random SQL questions)?

And I've also heard that this test is more difficult to go through than the CCNA exam. Having taken that, I can't see how this test would be more difficult personally. Can you speak to that?

I'm taking the test next week, and am not really sure what to expect...
  • HathawayHathaway Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had the 50 question test.

I wouldn't under estimate this test, but I would agree that the ccna is more difficult. Mostly because how much material it covers.

Good luck!
  • snapdadsnapdad Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • RPGChaiRPGChai Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just sat the test this morning and passed as well!
  • AlexNYAlexNY Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • uunrlg_143uunrlg_143 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats .. I am taking this exam today another 12 hrs to go !!!