CCNP:Voice Certified - and a Return to TechExams!

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that after a year and a half of effort, yesterday I passed the last of the CCNP:V exams (TVOICEvicon_cool.gif with an 856, which has finally made me CCNP:Voice certified. icon_cheers.gif

I joined this forum about three or so years ago when I was just shy of my CCNA (or had I just gotten it? I can't remember), and used this to fuel my education through my CCNA:Voice and the first two exams into my CCNP:V. About a year ago, I dropped off the radar as a result of my new job and WGU education taking its toll on me. Now that it has calmed down a little bit, I plan on trying to support my future track to the CCIE:Voice by sharing information learned with this website and with its community, as it is this community that got me started.

Since I'm sure I am going to get questions about what I used to help me get certified, the answer can't really be answered by just one lab. I didn't have the funds to put together a full CCNP:V lab so I literally scrapped together pieces I found laying around at work to make it happen. That + VMWare + GNS3 = enough practice on each exam topic. For the most part though, here is the equipment I worked on:

Cisco 2851's, AIM-CUE, T1/E1 VWIC, CUCM8.0, Unity Connection8.0, CUPS8.0, Cisco 7940,7941,7960,7961,7936, UC540's, Cisco 3724's, Cisco 3560's, and probably some other things I can't remember off the top of my head. I'm starting the process of building a CCIE:V lab now, so I'll be sure to post my lab when that happens.

Long time no see guys, I'll see you around.
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations, and nice to see you back. How is CCNP Voice over CCNA Voice?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats man! icon_cheers.gif

I was wondering where the hell you went - I just assumed that you got married :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Congratulations, and nice to see you back. How is CCNP Voice over CCNA Voice?

As in how do they compare? Considering I came from the IIUC exam, which is basically a CUCME exam, I wen't from knowing how to make a single site implementation of 100 or so phone to being able to design a phone system from the ground up, or redesign an exisiting phone system, consider LAN and WAN infrastructure needs for clustering/call processing, Configuring/designing CSS and partitions for a complex variable dial plan, and a million other things all on a phone system that can scale above 30,000 phones. Not to mention configuring/supporting Unity and CUPS, Gateways and Gatekeepers, etc...

It's a world of difference from the IIUC exam. The new CCNA:V exam might be slightly more friendly for the transition, as it seems to incorporate the basic administration tasks required as well as foundation knowledge.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    Congrats man! icon_cheers.gif

I was wondering where the hell you went - I just assumed that you got married :)

Haha, no not yet! Things just got a little tight for time. Also it looks like my blog got taken off the internet because it had the word 'cisco' in it. Won't do that again.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    chmorin wrote: »
    Haha, no not yet! Things just got a little tight for time. Also it looks like my blog got taken off the internet because it had the word 'cisco' in it. Won't do that again.

Can't imagine what would have happened if it had the word "Microsoft" in it...
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can't imagine what would have happened if it had the word "Microsoft" in it...

That's scary, I have hundreds of post on my blog; hope I don't have the same fate coming to me soon (knocks on wood).
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome back amigo! I am glad to hear of your highly successful accomplishments! CCVP is very special and unique because VOIP is a very special and unique to many companies. Master your craft as much as possible!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX