Darril's 301 guide now on Kindle - 9.99

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Go grab it!

Comments

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Bokeh, thanks for noticing and posting. I know I need to post an update in my blog, but I've been heavy into an update on a CISSP book that is taking a lot of time and energy.

Darril Gibson
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • usagent27usagent27 Member Posts: 119
    ok so is this the full book? or just study questions?
    WGU Progress: started 03/01/12-08/31/12
    Courses transfered: AVX1, CPV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses Completed: WFV1, CWV1, MGC1,CRV1, BNC1, DEV1, CTV1, DHV1, DIV1, TPV1, RIT1, Cuv1, BOV1, KET1, CJV1, CVV1, DJV1, SBT1,QZT1, DFV1,KFT1
    Completed in one term
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    It's the full book. It's the same content as the CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide.

If you want just pratice test questions, they are available but the titles include the phrase "Practice Test Questions" instead of "Study Guide".
  • usagent27usagent27 Member Posts: 119
    thank you! :)
    WGU Progress: started 03/01/12-08/31/12
    Courses transfered: AVX1, CPV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses Completed: WFV1, CWV1, MGC1,CRV1, BNC1, DEV1, CTV1, DHV1, DIV1, TPV1, RIT1, Cuv1, BOV1, KET1, CJV1, CVV1, DJV1, SBT1,QZT1, DFV1,KFT1
    Completed in one term
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just bought it an hour ago and I can't put it down. It's definitely not a boring read, I love it.

I had a different book and noticed that it was for the older exam so I just got this one on kindle. Reading it on the iPad now.
  • joe4320joe4320 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the kindle study guide along with a list of the acronyms/definitions I thought were worth remembering for the exam. I passed the exam with an 871 on my first attempt. This is the first Pearson/VUE exam I have taken. I spent approximately 8 hours preparing for the exam. My goal was to just pass the exam since I only needed to "check a box" for my job. I am a software engineer with limited networking / security knowledge. I found the material interesting and I am glad that I prepared and took the exam. I probably would have scored higher if I purchased/read Darril's book. I was able to determine my weaknesses from the practice test to know what I needed to study. I was a little nervous when I pressed the button to end the test and quite surprised when I found out the score. For those preparing for the exam, I can only say the exam is straight forward and easy if you know the material. I did not find any questions tricky or confusing.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Got it!
    My first kindle book.
    Just got a tablet a few weeks a go and I wondered which book would be nice to buy as first, got me the Darril's 301 sec+ ebook
    meh
  • solson20solson20 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just purchased the kindle version! My question is can i load it on my iphone and my ipad? Is it account bound or device bound
  • cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
    solson20 wrote: »
    Just purchased the kindle version! My question is can i load it on my iphone and my ipad? Is it account bound or device bound

Account bound only. You can access it from any device that has the Kindle App loaded or on any PC.
  • solson20solson20 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sweet. Thanks for the fast reply. Anxious to get this started, being able to have it on more than one device and basically on me at all times will force me to read it more and more
  • zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    I got it yesterday, since I am an Amazon Prime member it was free :) Hopefully Darril still gets some $ out of it though, I'm not really sure how that works. When you take the tests, make sure to write your answers on a piece of paper. Some Kindle books have hyperlinks from the question to the answer, but this doesn't, so it is difficult to keep track of what the question was when reading the answer. Great book by the way. I am using it to round off my Network+ studies, since the authentication section is giving me the most trouble, then I will probably read the whole thing and hopefully take the test over spring break.