Passed VCP-510 today

jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
That was a hard test. Granted, I have only spent about 1 month studying, and I've only done a few vSphere 5 deployments, but I believe this was much harder than VCP 410.

Sources used - Mastering vSphere 5 by Scott Lowe, official VMWare white papers, and around a half dozen production vSphere 5 deployments.

Tips - be familiar with ins and out of storage types and the nuances of FC vs iSCSI vs NFS. Play around with vCenter linux appliance - I never got a chance to lab that, and there were a few questions about it.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the tips! I need to take that one at some point.
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations and thank you for the tips!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats, well done :)
    Thanks for the tips. I really need to push on with this, though I've just done the "Whats New" course for v5 so the pressure of having to take it before the end of this month is off.

Must. get. off. the. games. console
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln