wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • GeronimoGeronimo Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Which material was the most helpful? Did you get any subnetting type questions? I have been seeing these type of questions on practice exams I have taken so I am just curious if you ran into any. I take the exam on March 5th and am feeling way under prepaired.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    Congrats on the pass. Which material was the most helpful? Did you get any subnetting type questions? I have been seeing these type of questions on practice exams I have taken so I am just curious if you ran into any. I take the exam on March 5th and am feeling way under prepaired.

im not gonna specs on the questions them self but networking is def. there

the don poulton book was a great book i couldve done it just with that as my only book and the free videos

Professor Messer's Free Microsoft 70-680 Certification Training | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training

Windows 7 Free Training <~~~ i liked this set the best
    im not gonna specs on the questions them self but networking is def. there

the don poulton book was a great book i couldve done it just with that as my only book and the free videos

Professor Messer's Free Microsoft 70-680 Certification Training | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training

Windows 7 Free Training <~~~ i liked this set the best

I dont want you to violate NDA by any means just curious if that kinda thing is in there one way or another. I hate subnetting with a passion and anything that has to do with finding out if a workstation should have this ip or that ip. Its annoying. Thats the Network admins problem with his configs not mine.

Anyways I have watch almost all the Professor Messer vids but havent seen the other vids you mention so I will check those out.

I also have safaribooks subscription so I need to get reading Don's book.

I bought a discounted early expiry voucher from getcert4less and so I have to take the test by March 5th. I deal with alot of the deployment stuff on a daily basis but I don't do helpdesk anymore so a lot of the other stuff is not to familiar.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Congrats!
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting the study materials used!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Mah BahlsMah Bahls Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is the general length of this exam? I heard it was from 45 - 60 questions. Is that accurate?
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mah Bahls wrote: »
    What is the general length of this exam? I heard it was from 45 - 60 questions. Is that accurate?

I had about 40 questions, but that can and will change.
  • Mah BahlsMah Bahls Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »

Awesome, I'm getting ready to take it and am trying to see what I am in for. Thanks for the quick reply.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    i had 50
  • RPGChaiRPGChai Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »

I've heard that people taking the test just last week got a new version with ~85 questions, so that may be the new norm.

Grats, demonfurbie!
    RPGChai wrote: »
    I've heard that people taking the test just last week got a new version with ~85 questions, so that may be the new norm.

Grats, demonfurbie!

I took it on March 5th and got 50 questions.
  • dajohnsodajohnso Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ouch an 80+ question MS test just sounds draining to me.
  • Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing! :) I took it today and only had 50 questions. I guess the number of questions will vary from test to test.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • BalantineBalantine Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice pass! I had 85 questions last week. Failed by 7 points. Didn't help that I'd registered for the wrong test (640) and had to take that one on the same day too, even though I hadn't studied for it. Still got a 500 on the 640 though. The 640 had ~50-60 questions.
    dulce bellum inexpertis