Got my fancy ITIL Foundations cert in the mail today.

jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
It's becoming a necessary exam for some industries, even though it introduces extreme bureaucracy into a field that is famously anti-formality. IMO, it's a necessary evil.

Anyway, my company paid for a 4-day class, I surfed the web for most of it and still scored an 80-something on the exam. It wasn't terribly difficult, but then again I've worked in environments that implemented at least some ITIL structures for a few years now. Sorry if I seem to make light of it, but I kinda feel that it's overly complicated for most IT environments.
CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.

Comments

• ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Have you ever seen an IT department or company that lacked structure, rules, and management? The results are not good. Everyone does things a little differently and no one documents anything. Maybe ITIL is imperfect as a system, but I agree that it is definitely a necessary evil. I've experienced firsthand the lack of ITIL-like structure too many times, and it is bad.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    ptilsen wrote: »
    Have you ever seen an IT department or company that lacked structure, rules, and management? The results are not good. Everyone does things a little differently and no one documents anything. Maybe ITIL is imperfect as a system, but I agree that it is definitely a necessary evil. I've experienced firsthand the lack of ITIL-like structure too many times, and it is bad.
    I have to agree with this. In a nutshell, ITIL structurally documents common sense, and that a good thing.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice ... I just got an email myself that my company booked me in for a 3-day course with (written!!) exam at the end. Written probably because they are coming onsite for it ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p