Options

CCNA or security+

webgenwebgen Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello I need advise I am interested in network security career, presently iam working as help desk for publishing company. I am almost done with my Bachelors degree computer science and planning for master degree in cyber security, i am working on CCNA cert, should i get Security+ cert also after CCNA or should i just get security+. My experience with network security mostly book knowledge, i use backtrack,metaspoilt on home network. If i get cyber security degree will i get entry level network security job? any suggestions would be great.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    If you specifically want a "network security" job, you'll need to know something about networking then. I would suggest both the CCNA and Security+ (and higher certs) will get your mind and career pointed in the direction you want to go. The Security+ and the CCNA are two very different certifications, so you can get them in any order.
  • Options
    webgenwebgen Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you JDMurray

That really helps to make a decision, I will get CCNA cert, then work on Security+.
    I know that experience is important in IT security job, degree in cyber security will at-least get me a entry level IT security job?