Motivation - That which we lack somedays!

RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
I would think CCIE's have to deal with this more so than us lowely Entry-levels.

How does a CCIE keep their motivation?
What keeps you motivated?

Any tips for aspiring CCIE's for the long haul?
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Comments

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've wanted this since I started in IT. Also, I have a wife and a baby on the way so that helps. I've always just been extremely ambitious and hate wasting time with activities that aren't helping me to improve myself in some way.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    for me theres a large financial incentive and i'm trying to get a deposit together for a house so it would really help getting the CCIE. However the main reason i get up 3 hours early to to study before the work day begins is wanting the personal achievement, to say "i've done this" and to prove i can.

The late great Robert A Heinlein said this and it really rings true for my CCIE journey tough as it is "Do not confuse "duty" with what other people expect of you; they are utterly different. Duty is a debt you owe to yourself to fulfill obligations you have assumed voluntarily. Paying that debt can entail anything from years of patient work to instant willingness to die. Difficult it may be, but the reward is self-respect."
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I would think CCIE's have to deal with this more so than us lowely Entry-levels.

How does a CCIE keep their motivation?
    What keeps you motivated?

Any tips for aspiring CCIE's for the long haul?

For me personally, the challenge really and that challenge is finding time to do it every day. Im fully engaged at work and at home. It's no longer a motivator financially as I have progressed to ranks where my lack of CCIE has been waived in favour of my experience and Im under no pressure at work to get it!

I find the studies when I have time to do them keep me sharp and current.