Options

GPO update issues

fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
For some reason when I change group policy I have to reboot the xp machines for it to take affect. I thought gpupdate would change it immediatly or am I missing something. Also It should update automatically every 90 minutes. I let it sit there all day and nothing updates. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    did you go to
    start
    run type cmd
    then type gpupdate in the command line......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
  • Options
    ok - i just went over this - 90 minutes is the standard but can be changed froma key (nedd to find it)........you should not have to re-boot......the gpupdate should update it immed - double check things........
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You could try using a switch like /force....more info here....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I already tried /force, it didn't do anything. I also checked the group policy that determines how often client check in. I don't know what else to look at.
  • Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    you can use Microsoft Baseline Analyser to check which policies are actually being applied, this might give you a better indication of what or where the problem lies, there is a chance you have a conflicting policy somewhere
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    Even if you use gpupdate /force there are still some policies that can not be applied until the user logs off/logs on.

I think things like startup scripts GPO settings would only run after a Reboot?

Do you have to reboot or is logoff/logon enough to get it to work? Maybe you could post up some of the GPO settings on here?
  • Options
    wood - good suggestions i never thought about start up scripts and stuff like that......thanks